UnderGround Forums

MLBGround >> Rest in Peace George Steinbrenner

7/13/10 6:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nanook
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shambala Sports Network, Host, Producer

Regardless of whether you loved him or hated him (there was never gray matter with the guy) George Steinbrenner was truly a one of a kind individual who restored the roar in New York City baseball. His impact on the sports landscape will not be forgotten anytime soon.

While The Babe, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mantle built the New York Yankees legacy, George Steinbrenner redefined it.

The man was truly the King of New York City, not an easy feat to accomplish that kind of cred. However, Steinbrenner did, and his spot in the city's landscape won't be replaced.
7/14/10 6:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Eddie Huerta
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/14/10 7:00 PM
Mr Stienbrenner lived here in Tampa while his team was in training. He was a regular customer at IHOP where my son was a waiter.

He and my son became pretty good friends as did many of the other staff.

George would often come in with envelopes containing substantial Christmas Presents for the staff. He even flew my son and another staff member out to NY and treated them to the finest Ny had to offer including rooms and tickets to the ball game ect.

I always thought that was really classy of him. He was a caring person as well as a hell of a business man.

RIP George. There will never be another one like you.

www2.tbo.com/video/2010/jul/13/ihop-waitress--37833/

www.registercitizen.com/articles/2010/07/14/opinion/doc4c3d393e83fd8833714346.txt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.