UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Whats Your Gear?

8/15/10 8:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DaveM
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a bunch of Keeley modded pedals as well as a few of his custom pedals and they are GREAT. As for how much of a difference the mods make, that probably varies depending on the type of pedal and the mod done but I am very happy with mine.

FullTone and Hermida Audio are also great pedal companies.
8/16/10 12:14 AM
DonkeyKick215
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ze Dano - DonkeyKick215 ... does the Keeley mod on pedals make that much of a difference? I heard lots about mods to comp pedals too...

I think it made the pedal less harsh and more pleaseant to the ears. It also has the fat switch added and the pretty blue light...

....either that or I fell for the hype
8/20/10 8:50 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone used any transistor switching onboard the guitar so killswitching it doesn't cause noise?
8/21/10 12:49 AM
sreiter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1961 es-355 w/ real paf's
1956 fender dousonic
circa 1932 model M16 dobro
circa 1933 regal dobro
2009 gold tone lap steel
1972 ibanez artist with tom holmes pups
scheter devil bass

1965 original/real 18watt marshall combo
2007 blues jr. fully modded by andy fuchs(fuchs audio)
1963 silvertone amp-in-guitar-case
????? some bass amp (small combo)

1960's colorsound wah
version 3 or 4 fulltone ocd
T.C. Jauernig Electronics Luxury Drive

shitloads of nos british tubes

for pedals...go listen to fuchs plushs drives et el
8/21/10 1:38 PM
DonkeyKick215
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a chance to trade the bandit plus $100 for a roland Blues cube 60
8/23/10 3:40 PM
RyPuhnie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After going from store to store in nashville playing amps Im sticking with my DSL401. Good stuff out there but not worth the money when I already have a solid amp. I did however get my guitar set up and the tech told me about these strings that other session guitarist were loving called Curt Mangans. So he put them on and I must say Im liking them. A little hard to bend compared to others, but good tone and supposedly last longer.

Jason did you get an amp yet? I was playing this new amp called an Egnater Tweaker. Its affordable and gets lots of sounds. Also Labor day is coming up so prob get 15% off on it.

Ry
8/23/10 4:34 PM
sreiter

Egnaters are gr8 amps. Love the rebel
8/23/10 6:27 PM
twilhoi4
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyPuhnie - After going from store to store in nashville playing amps Im sticking with my DSL401. Good stuff out there but not worth the money when I already have a solid amp. I did however get my guitar set up and the tech told me about these strings that other session guitarist were loving called Curt Mangans. So he put them on and I must say Im liking them. A little hard to bend compared to others, but good tone and supposedly last longer.

Jason did you get an amp yet? I was playing this new amp called an Egnater Tweaker. Its affordable and gets lots of sounds. Also Labor day is coming up so prob get 15% off on it.

Ry

I could never really dig the Curt Mangans. They lasted an ok amount of time, but when they went dead they were DEAD to my ears. I generally use D'addario's because the tone/sustain drop off is a lot less.

I hear they (CM) are easy to secure an endorsement from, however.
8/23/10 7:41 PM
alpo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a fucking noob, but here's what I have:

Vox ADVT-120
Vox DA5

Schecter C1 Hellraiser (non FR)
ESP LTD F-250 (FR)
ESP LTD SC-607B (non FR)

I pretty much only play metal, so keep that in mind.  I'm not in a band or anything and I've been playing for a couple years.  So far, this is just for practice and jamming with a friend here and there.  I realize this isn't top of the line stuff, like a lot of you veterans have, but since I'm not gigging or anything, it's hard for me to justify spending a lot of money.  I'm interested to see what you guys think about my equipment, in general. 

For what it's worth, I just got a ridiculous deal on the ESP LTD F-250.  $60, but it needs about another $60 of hardware to fix it up. 

8/24/10 10:49 PM
DonkeyKick215

Ive always wondered about the DA-5 vox
8/26/10 12:51 PM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ry,

I bought a Marshall MA10 for right now. I have played several amps lately.  I like the Peavey Vyper becasue it is affordable and has amp modeling.  It's only 30 watts but I thinik that is fine.

.  Where in Nashville did you play the Egnator? Didn't they just have abig Amp/Guitar show there?
8/26/10 1:09 PM
RyPuhnie

I played the tweaker at the GC by 100 Oaks mall. I also played the Marshall JVM Combo and the Fender Deluxe Reverb RI there. All solid amps. I also played some of their vintage amps, I never knew GC carried such a nice selection.

They had an Amp Expo at a hotel with like 60 different rooms , all boutique amps. It was 5 bucks but I didnt go. Just not in my schedule.

When the day was done I just bought a upgraded Vintage 30 speaker and some new tubes for my DSL401. Getting it re-tubed and bias next week. Very excited.

8/27/10 8:19 AM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool!  Going to GC today in Lexington Ky. Going to see what they have
8/27/10 9:56 AM
RyPuhnie

Have fun man, just dont fall in love with anything because Labor Day is coming up and the sales should be great.
8/27/10 10:29 AM
JasonKeaton

Thanks!
8/28/10 12:22 AM
alpo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DonkeyKick215 - Ive always wondered about the DA-5 vox

Well, I think it is great, personally.  I prefer it over the Roland Cube and many other small amps.  It's probably also the loudest mini amp I've ever heard.  It will hold its own over a drum kit, anyway.  
8/28/10 9:52 PM
DonkeyKick215

alpo - 
DonkeyKick215 - Ive always wondered about the DA-5 vox

Well, I think it is great, personally.  I prefer it over the Roland Cube and many other small amps.  It's probably also the loudest mini amp I've ever heard.  It will hold its own over a drum kit, anyway.  [/quote

A full sized drum kit?? no way
9/4/10 1:34 PM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I`e sold a bunch of stuff recently and have it down to my Martin D-18, Fender Telecaster, Fender HR DeVille, No-name brass bodied reso, and a Gypsy Jazz box. I`m not much into pedals but I do own/use a Tubeworks Real Tube for a boost. I also have a cheap-ass digitech RP-90 for screwing around with, but I can`t imagine using it on a gig.

Here is my new bands, webpage:

http://www.wix.com/frankiecadillac/dragstripdrifters
11/26/10 4:05 AM
JudoBJJKid

I trade gear quite a bit over at ss,org, HC, RigTalk, TGP, and UG,; so, my current gear:

Amp Heads:
H&K DuoTone
Laney VH100R
Egnater TourMaster 4100
'63 Blonde Fender Bassman :)
Bogner Alchemist
Jet City JCA100
3 Peavey JSX: 1 6L6, 1 EL34, 1 FJA-modded
Peavey 6505+
B-52 AT100
Crate Blue Voodoo BV120H VoodooAmps-modded

GAS List:
Soldano SLO :)
Splawn Nitro
Baron K2

Guitars:
Various Gibsons
Various Fenders
Various Ibanez 7s
Various LTD 7s
Various Schecter 7s
Various MIJ (JV and SQ)and MIK (ProTone) Squiers
12/30/10 2:32 PM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/30/10 2:32 PM
edit
1/3/11 7:19 PM
DonkeyKick215

I need to add a Roland cube 60 to my list
1/4/11 1:50 AM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

amps:

Laney GH100L
Fender Super Sonic 22
Egnater Tweaker
EHX 22 Caliber
Vox DA5 (selling $90)

Guitars:

Edwards Custom LP
ESP/LTD ST203FR
ESP/LTD M103FM (selling $250 + gig bag)
Fender Classic Vibe Tele

Effects:
(currently on the board)

Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q
Earthquaker Devices Hoof
EHX Nano Small Stone
Dano Chicken Salad
Line 6 Roto
EHX Stereo Electric Mistress
Biyang EQ
Tech 21 Boost DLA
Xotic RC Booster or EP Booster (depending what amp is used)

Cabs:

4x12 w/ WGS Vet30s and ET65s (custom)
2x12 w/ WGS Vet30 and ET65 (custom)
1x12 w/ Celestion V30
1/4/11 10:08 PM
DonkeyKick215

Shootozen , what cv tele do you have?
1/5/11 12:29 AM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DonkeyKick215 - Shootozen , what cv tele do you have?

^ I have the 50s white w/ black pickguard one...not the Deluxe

got it for 200...really pretty good guitar, and for 200? no brainer- it's my first tele, I just look at it and Keef comes dripping out of it-
1/5/11 12:41 AM
DonkeyKick215

Ive got the thinline cv. Stays in tune very well even though I bend a lot

I like the white one with the black pickguard.

How are your frets wearing?? Some have said that the cv line has fast wearing frets

My peavey reactor(tele copy) is also a wonderful guitar

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.