UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Need Guitar.Reccomend one

8/23/10 10:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I found out about the springs.  It is a bit tough to palm mute.  Si I imagine once I do that it will go away
9/1/10 4:38 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/02/10 8:52 PM
 Sold my Schecter. YAY! Ya know what's funny? After I put the Gibson pick-ups in it sounded so good I suddenly regreted selling it. Ah well, I need to get used to letting go of my gear, there's just too much. I think I could fully equip half a dozen guitarists right now.

9/4/10 1:29 PM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JasonKeaton -  I found out about the springs.  It is a bit tough to palm mute.  Si I imagine once I do that it will go away

The best money you can spend is to get a pro quality setup.
9/6/10 4:52 PM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did.  It is night and day to say the least.  Not sure how it was done but the guy has a mim as well.  The pick ups still suck imo but the action, playing is great.
9/6/10 9:35 PM
Ponyboy
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's really funny is when you get your guitar back and the pickups are much lower....yet you have more sustain!!
9/7/10 10:15 AM
JasonKeaton

The sustain on this guitar is pretty good.  the strings were too high but the pickups seem to be in the right spot.  The pups are just too noisy for my taste.

Huillbilly and all,

do you reecoment changing the bridge on these?  The guy who set it up told me not to worry about it but it seems a replacement bridge would make it even better. 
9/7/10 7:38 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason, you REALLY have to measure on a MIM Strat before you purchase a replacement bridge. Some later models have better compatability with "standard" Strat parts, but earlier ones have clearance and string spacing issues. Full width Strat bridges can place your e strings VERY close to the edge of the neck in the higher frets.
9/17/10 10:07 AM
JasonKeaton

Sort of seems that way anyway. Much more so than other guitars at least

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.