UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Bible Version?

10/12/10 6:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shintothechin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt. 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

How can you have faith in a God that couldn't preserve his Word in perfect form? Especially for the Christians who are going through the latter days?
10/12/10 7:13 PM
shintothechin

Here is a tiny example of the perfect order of the King James...

Read; Jer 33:3, 32:33, Ez. 33:33, Job 33:3,33,Deut.33:3, Isa. 33:6, Prov. 3:3, Psa. 33:11, Num. 33:3.

Notice a trend? Seem to reference wisdom, knowledge, or understanding a lot eh? Did you know the word "sight" is mentioned 333 times in the KJV?

333rd Chapter of the KJV - Isa. 38:3 And said, Remember now, O LORD, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done [that which is] good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.

Notice it mentions Hezekiah. Interestingly enough, Hezekiah is mentioned 33 times in the King James Bible!

333rd Verse of the KJV - Gen. 13:14

So it seems, obviously 33 represents 'wisdom' in the Scriptures. So let's check out the book of wisdom, Proverbs... The word "wise" is mentioned 66 times, all forms of the word 'know' mentioned 66 times, and all forms of the word "understand" mentioned 66 times in the book of Proverbs. There are also 66 books in the Bible, does it seem like God is trying to tell us something??!?

If you read Rev. 13:18, it's clear that wisdom comes from counting. Well go count to the 666th chapter of the King James, and Solomon left some nuggets there for ya (Ecc. 7:25,27)

Also, you have 33 bones in your spinal column, which may be why God showed Moses his BACK PARTS.

Then there is the counterfeit, Satanic side to all of this, eg. 33 degrees in freemasonry, the kundalini serpent that rises up your 33 bones of your back to your third eye for 'awakening'

HOPE THIS CLEARS SOME OF THIS ISSUE UP, THANK YOU
10/12/10 7:34 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shintothechin - OK have fun reading a 'bible' about a gender-neutral God, where the numbers in it are so scrambled, you will not get 99% of the typology

you new around here ?
10/12/10 7:57 PM
Lahi
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shintothechin - 

HOPE THIS CLEARS SOME OF THIS ISSUE UP, THANK YOU

I've heard a lot of that before. So say God did bless the King James, and showed us in the codes you've mentioned. Why does that mean that no other English translation can be made? What do we do when better source material comes along, and we can translate passages more accurately than the KJV translators?

Anytime you give people freedom they will abuse it, but there are plenty of translations that have improved on the KJV in many ways, and aren't trying to support some kind of anti-Christian agenda. Not to say that there aren't some bad versions out there too.
10/12/10 9:26 PM
Ridgeback
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A good chunk of the KJV was copied from the Catholic Dhouy Rheims.  Most KJV only fundies don't know this.  They also forget that the vast majority of Christians living today and in the past didn't speak English so apparently they are all SOL.
10/12/10 9:56 PM
Grakman

Ridgeback -  As I said, it is a find translation, and King James was trying to stop the onslaught of bad translations filled with highly biased commentary (from Protestants that is), but it isn't special beyond that.  James was no saint and apparently had a penchant for buggering young boys.  I can't imagine where people think he got the power to authorize any translation.

Eh... intentional irony?
10/12/10 9:57 PM
Grakman

Ridgeback - A good chunk of the KJV was copied from the Catholic Dhouy Rheims.  Most KJV only fundies don't know this.  They also forget that the vast majority of Christians living today and in the past didn't speak English so apparently they are all SOL.

That's why missions are so important; the world is waiting for all the Anglo-Saxon English speaking Christians to teach them the truth.
10/26/10 1:36 PM
mmanthebay
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ESV study bible is great. NKJV. Good to get more then one translation I think. At the moment I'm reading the ESV and NKJV Phone Post
10/26/10 4:28 PM
zealot66
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the king james was good enough for peter and paul, it should be good enough for you !
10/27/10 1:32 AM
Juijitsuboxer
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zealot66 -  If the king james was good enough for peter and paul, it should be good enough for you !

ROFL!
10/30/10 7:43 PM
gord96
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If u have an iPhone, IPad or iPod touch there is a free app that has almost every version of the bible. It's awesome. Phone Post
10/30/10 7:45 PM
gord96
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's called bibleapp by youversion.com btw. Phone Post
10/31/10 3:29 AM
Juijitsuboxer
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use that on my BlackBerry, nice app!
11/2/10 10:08 PM
Griffx

ESV Phone Post
11/27/10 5:33 PM
ocianain

http://www.amazon.com/Why-Catholic-Bibles-are-Bigger/dp/1581880103/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1290896912&sr=1-1
11/28/10 1:36 AM
Ridgeback
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was listening to a podcast by an Orthodox priest (also a scholar and former seminary dean) who recommended the Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha as his favorite English translation (Revised Standard with copious notes).  I plan to pick up a copy when I get a chance.  He was adamant about not reading the New Revised Standard version, however, since a lot of the translation work is directly influenced by theology as is the case with the horrible NIV Bible.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.