UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> Describing Arthrokinetics

12/31/01 2:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DC8BALL
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Dec-01

MA fanatic, Pahzhaloosta, I'm sorry I just realized I gave you more than you probably wanted, My apologies for the rant, Dasvedahniya, Dani'l Chomycia
12/31/01 11:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DC8BALL
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Dec-01
MA fanatic, It is difficult to describe any better than what is on the website if you haven't seen it here is the url. http://amerross.com/arthro.html What then would I like to know other than a confirmation that my money is going to be well spent. Until Arthrokenetics I spent most of my time bending metal, absorbing blows , and helping people to the ground. I am not a grappler. I wouldn't even consider my self a MAist before I hooked up with ROSS. My point? Unless you can create your own effective solution to the immediate threat you are faced with, then you are NOT a Martial Artist period. Some of us need to get out the dictionary every once in awhile and revaluate what we have been told just to make sure it is true. martial art- any of several arts of combat and self-defense (abbr. because Webster think's it is just sport). Oops we have another term to define. art- the conscious use of skill and creative imagination (abbr. because there are many definitions that are there but only one that applies here). put these together you get my personal definition of.. Marital Art- the use of skill and creative imagination in combat. Alright now that I feel better, back to the question, as I said am not a "grappler" but after athrokenetics I had a understanding of grappling that most novices don't and was able to improvise straight out the gate. No thousands of repetitions to drill effective technique I knew what I was doing already, I already had a strategy to work on. IMPORTANT- I am not saying that I was tapping out the instructor and all his best students, but I did have a more deliberatly sophisticated strategy. One could sense that it was only a matter of time before I get very effective. As opposed to taking 10 years to learn the game, I knew what the game was all that is left is to practice it and internalize it. It gave me a marked advantage over the other Neophytes. You'll find that the you can create your own solution to the puzzle without having to force it. You WILL NOT find a system of technique to rehearse and memorize, although there are some cool tricks shown they are merely a result of the strategy. Limit your options, limit your Survival. Dani'l Chomycia

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.