UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> Computer Overheating

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/16/10 2:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
groundfighter2000
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501. Im having overheating issues with it. I use CoreTemp application to monitor the temperature. It shows two cores, and the low is usually around 50 the high is 83-85.

I tried using a compressed air can and blowing it into the vent. But no dust was coming up out of the other side.

Im not sure i want to mess around with the inside of the computer. I dont have the technical know-how for that shit.

I have four rubber coaster things at each corner of the bottom of my comp. To keep it slightly raised off my desk.

Anyone have any other suggestions as what I can do to stop these overheating issues.

They especially become a problem as the CPU load increases. When I use something like AVS Converter (a video converter). Or i have a bunch of internet tabs open with streaming video on them.

Also I was googling and found a link to this free application. "Dell Inspiron/Latitude/Precision fan control utility" Anyone know anything about this app, used it, know some who has used it etc.?

Im wary of using this as well as its resetting things within the computer or whatever, and could potentially fuck up my comp,. And according to the compatibility chart my inspiron model is not even listed.

Any help would be appreciated. This is a real pain in the ass. And I don't want to buy a new computer right now.
7/20/10 11:02 AM
StephenL
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

google "dell inspiron 1501 overheating"

for some suggestions.

stephen
7/20/10 9:24 PM
groundfighter2000
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone familiar with any of this stuff, and think it will help?

Dell Fan Control

CPU Idle

Speed Fan

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.