UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> Comcast Excessive Usage

7/16/10 3:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
groundfighter2000
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A few days ago I had a voicemail from Comcast Custom Security Assurance. They said please call back immediately or you risk having your internet service discontinued. Gave me a case number to reference when i called.

I thought "oh shit" this is DMCA thing for all my torrent crap.

I called, they said their is a data usage limit of 250GB per month (upload and download combined) and that i had exceeded that (546 GB) for the month. Before that I had always been high but never over. I recently got a 1TB external, so i downloaded and seeded a lot more torrents. Anyway they have a usage meter so i can track my usage.

But its kinda fucked up. Comcast says "unlimited high-speed internet" 250 GB aint unlimited.
7/17/10 9:09 PM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure its in your contract. Its just limited bandwidth shared among a lot of people. Its hard to complain to your provider when you're using their service to steal movies and software. :D

Unless you're downloading 546G of legit torrents.
7/22/10 8:39 AM
crunk404
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

switch to business class. its not that much more, speeds are better, and there is not bandwidth restriction

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.