UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Robert Drysdale Victorious In Pro Debut

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/18/10 2:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KalinJohnston
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats to Robert.  Should be fun to see how he continues to do.

thegarv.com/Robert-Drysdale-Successfully-Debuts.html
7/18/10 2:46 PM
Jack Skellington
911 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good for him, I was interested in how he did
7/18/10 2:50 PM
Voice of Pride Lady
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if he is going to be a douche after MMA bouts like after his jiujitsu matches
7/18/10 3:11 PM
MikeyA518

Anyone got any footage?
7/18/10 5:51 PM
KalinJohnston
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT 
7/18/10 9:11 PM
ShakestheMighty

TTT
7/18/10 9:18 PM
Ecko Unltd
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ecko Unltd, Josh Slovin-sponsor
 Yay!  His BJJ skills are scary good
7/18/10 9:25 PM
mestregruber
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voice of Pride Lady - I wonder if he is going to be a douche after MMA bouts like after his jiujitsu matches

Details? Robert Drysdale is one of the nicest guys I have ever met in the BJJ/MMA world.
7/19/10 12:04 AM
GC111

mestregruber - 
Voice of Pride Lady - I wonder if he is going to be a douche after MMA bouts like after his jiujitsu matches

Details? Robert Drysdale is one of the nicest guys I have ever met in the BJJ/MMA world.

Excessive overcelebrating after his AMATEUR MMA match
7/19/10 12:57 AM
TheBulgarianAssassin
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What weight is Drysdale fighting at?
7/19/10 1:15 AM
WMoore

Drysdale fought at 185 and looked very smooth in a fairly easy win. He stopped for a few photos with fans on the way back to the locker room. Seemed like he was a nice guy and genuinely happy with the win.
7/19/10 1:17 AM
WMoore

He won via arm traingle.
7/19/10 1:19 AM
Voice of Pride Lady

mestregruber - 

One of my BJJ instructors has like 100 of Drysdale's BJJ matches on DVD. We were watching them one day on the projector and after almost every victory he would taunt his opponent. The one that sticks out in my mind the most is as they were waiting for the ref to raise Roberts hand, Robert reaches out to shake his defeated opponents hand, when his opponent reaches out robert pulls his hand back and flips him off. He does shit like that ad nauseum throughout most of his matches.
7/19/10 1:22 AM
jdb2414
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voice of Pride Lady - 
mestregruber - 

One of my BJJ instructors has like 100 of Drysdale's BJJ matches on DVD. We were watching them one day on the projector and after almost every victory he would taunt his opponent. The one that sticks out in my mind the most is as they were waiting for the ref to raise Roberts hand, Robert reaches out to shake his defeated opponents hand, when his opponent reaches out robert pulls his hand back and flips him off. He does shit like that ad nauseum throughout most of his matches.

Man, that's tough to believe. I just moved to his gym a few months ago, and he's such a nice guy. VERY competitive, you can tell, but I'm really disappointed to hear that he pulls shit moves like that. Hoping there's a significant back story to that particular match that somehow justifies what he did.
7/19/10 1:27 AM
Voice of Pride Lady

jdb2414 - 
Voice of Pride Lady - 
mestregruber - 

Man, that's tough to believe. I just moved to his gym a few months ago, and he's such a nice guy. VERY competitive, you can tell, but I'm really disappointed to hear that he pulls shit moves like that. Hoping there's a significant back story to that particular match that somehow justifies what he did.

Well, it's not just one match, it is a BUNCH of em. You go to his gym, why dont you ask him about being an asshole to competitors.
7/19/10 2:02 AM
MMAxNate
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes that will be conducive to a healthy training environment.
7/19/10 2:08 AM
Voice of Pride Lady

MMAxNate - Yes that will be conducive to a healthy training environment.

I am sure he can word it properly or even ask one of the other fighters at xtreme couture (that is where robert trains isnt it?).
7/19/10 2:33 AM
jdb2414
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voice of Pride Lady - 
MMAxNate - Yes that will be conducive to a healthy training environment.

I am sure he can word it properly or even ask one of the other fighters at xtreme couture (that is where robert trains isnt it?).

I'll try and find a tactful way of asking about it.
7/19/10 2:37 AM
jdb2414

Edited: 07/19/10 10:38 AM
By the way, I'm not at Couture's. Drysdale has his own BJJ school.
7/19/10 4:28 AM
uniquetechnique
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heres a video but it didnt get the takedown or anything.
7/19/10 4:43 AM
Ray Elbe
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have trained with his opponent "Bas" here in Thailand. He's a tough purple belt but has been training/fighting for years...very respectable opponent for your debut.

Congrats Drysdale, and tough break to Bas.

7/19/10 5:39 AM
MikeyA518

Well after watching the video, doesnt seem like he did anything too bad.  A little Ali shuffle if you want to call it that in the end, nothing overboard.  Whoever said he flipped off an opponent and did asshole shit, if you have any footage of that stuff post it, id like to see it.
7/19/10 8:41 AM
Voice of Pride Lady

I cant find it on the internet, see if there is a commercial release of Robert Drysdale competition video. If you find that, then you have hours of Robert Drysdale douchieness at your fingertips.

7/19/10 10:03 AM
LTL
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looked pretty humble in the vid.
7/19/10 10:30 AM
cmfc
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.