UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Joe Rogan breaks down Hughes vs Almeida

7/19/10 11:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Legkick to the Head
1189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC 117: Joe Rogan breaks down Hughes vs Almeida
7/19/10 11:35 PM
Legkick to the Head
1189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And dont forget to listen to his podcast tomorrow
7/19/10 11:40 PM
xXLINDEXx
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for this fight.
7/20/10 12:31 AM
Mark Hunter
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the fight I'm most looking forward to on the whole card.
7/20/10 1:38 AM
jiujitsu100
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Call that breaking it down!
7/20/10 1:43 AM
voorhees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This needed a thread?

He didnt say anything other than "they are gonna fight"and "Almeida isnt Renzo".
7/20/10 1:48 AM
WheresBobbySouthworth

The signs point to Almeida winning. Almeida looked terrific in his debut fight at 170 against Matt Brown and Hughes looked absolutely terrible fighting a Renzo Gracie coming off a 3 year layoff. I disagree vehemently that Hughes "dismantled" Gracie. Gracie was doing fine standing prior to gassing. And of course, he had no answers for the legkicks later on.

But I wouldn't rule out Hughes being able to just take Almeida down and steal the decision. Not that Almeida is a world beater standing, but Hughes will definitely not be trying to stand this time around. He's shown his sub defense is top notch and Almeida works better from top position. If Hughes wins, expect an incredibly boring fight.
7/20/10 7:56 AM
crazydave
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hughes wins.
7/20/10 7:59 AM
JOB
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm actually really looking forward to this fight for some reason.
7/20/10 8:51 AM
torquemada
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Dog is getting my bet...
7/20/10 9:51 AM
mrgoodarmbar
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WheresBobbySouthworth - The signs point to Almeida winning. Almeida looked terrific in his debut fight at 170 against Matt Brown and Hughes looked absolutely terrible fighting a Renzo Gracie coming off a 3 year layoff. I disagree vehemently that Hughes "dismantled" Gracie. Gracie was doing fine standing prior to gassing. And of course, he had no answers for the legkicks later on.

But I wouldn't rule out Hughes being able to just take Almeida down and steal the decision. Not that Almeida is a world beater standing, but Hughes will definitely not be trying to stand this time around. He's shown his sub defense is top notch and Almeida works better from top position. If Hughes wins, expect an incredibly boring fight.

...now that's breakin it down. I think I agree for the most part as well. However, Almeida is unrelenting in going to the takedown himself. It's going to be interesting to see who's got the better clinch game. Almeida is usually stronger than his opponents, not sure that'll be true against Hughes.
7/20/10 10:00 AM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They actually grappled one another before in Abu Dhabi years ago. Hughes won, and was manhandling Almeida if that helps.
7/20/10 10:01 AM
MikeyA518

Def rooting for Ricardo Almeida.  If he can manage to keep this fight on the feet he can win.  This fight will go to a decision regardless of who wins.  Hughes is terribly hard to submit, Ricardo wont get submitted by Hughes.  Niether will finish the fight from strikes either.
I would love to see Ricardo submit him tho, that would be awesome.  I ve  been around Ricardo a few times, seminar, belt promotions, he's Renzo-like, stand up nice guy that everyone loves.

7/20/10 1:36 PM
ICEMAN1245

Hope the big dog wins can't stand matt hughes

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.