UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Wrestlers they never changed heel/baby face status

7/20/10 1:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stryfe
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not too many come to mind that spent enough time in the business to play both roles. Some wrestlers I thought were much better heels than baby faces or vice versa. So how many wrestling stars or legends never played the opposite role of heel or baby face? THe two that come to mind right off the top are

Ricky Steamboat
Kerry Von Erich
7/20/10 1:34 AM
Stryfe
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure any of the Von Erich other Fritz having heel time. JYD is a good one. Not sure if he had any heel time or not and as far as I know the Shiek was never a face.
7/20/10 1:56 AM
Hunter V
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ultimate Warrior
7/20/10 1:57 AM
Hunter V
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and maybe Magnum TA?
7/20/10 2:00 AM
Stryfe

Magnum TA is a good one

Ultimate Warrior had several bad guy runs
Dingo Warrior
1/2 Blade Runners with Sting as Rock
Power Team USA
7/20/10 3:01 AM
Wiggy
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sans Lubricant -  I don't remember Dusty Rhodes ever being heel but I'm not familiar with his florida days.

Not as an active wrestler, but Dusty was a member of the nWo.
7/20/10 6:32 AM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sans Lubricant -  I don't remember Dusty Rhodes ever being heel but I'm not familiar with his florida days.

He was only a heel during booking meetings lol.
7/20/10 7:54 AM
Stryfe

Dusty Rhodes had a heel run with Dick Mirdoch as the Texas Outlaws if I'm not mistaken.
7/20/10 8:28 AM
The Elastic Assassin
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he used to be called "dirty" dusty rhodes...
7/20/10 2:23 PM
QTyp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good thread, I thought about making it a couple times too. These are just guesses from my memory, so I could be totally wrong:

Face:
Mysterio
Tito Santana
Jeff Hardy
Bushwackers

Heel:
Barbarian
Hercules
Warlord
Haku/Meng
Nasty Boyz
Raven
7/20/10 2:23 PM
Squared Circle
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Verne Gagne
7/20/10 2:57 PM
BigWilliam
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was Greg Gagne ever a bad guy? Or Jim Brunzell?

Barbarian and Warlord were faces for a short while in the WWF, they came in and feuded with then heel Demolition right off the bat.
7/20/10 3:00 PM
The Elastic Assassin
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haku had a face run in the wcw....
7/20/10 3:19 PM
BigWilliam
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about Snuka? Was he always a face?
7/20/10 4:33 PM
A.C. Slater's Mullet
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was'nt Mysterio a heel when he was in the Filthy Animals
?
7/20/10 5:12 PM
dangerboy12
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hardy was Will o the Wisp in Omega. He was also in the Brood for a short time I think.
7/20/10 5:53 PM
fryabusa
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about the Original Shiek or Abdullah the Butcher?  Niether on strikes me as ever being a face.
7/20/10 6:35 PM
Squared Circle

How about Nick Bockwinkel?
7/20/10 6:50 PM
Dojosensei
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robert Gibson? I know Ricky Morton went heel for a bit with the York Foundation.

Marty Janetty? I don't remember him being heel at all

Z-Man?
7/20/10 7:31 PM
A.C. Slater's Mullet
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Janetty was a heel when him and Al Snow were the new rockers!
7/20/10 7:39 PM
BiggGunn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fryabusa -  What about the Original Shiek or Abdullah the Butcher?  Niether on strikes me as ever being a face.

They feuded in Detroit in the 70, but I'm not sure who was the face, if either.

Abby was a face in WCW for a short time against Cactus Jack.
7/20/10 8:10 PM
Dojosensei
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are right about janetty, I forgot about the New Rockers, just like everyone else wishes they could.

How about:::

Sid Vicious? Guy never really had a "face turn" that I can think of.

Dan Spivey?

Rick Rude?

I would say Muta in the US but he had some loud ass pops when the Horsemen turned on Sting and he was tagged in durign the cage match. Soooo...probably not.
7/20/10 9:02 PM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hillbilly Jim = never a heel. lol
7/20/10 9:22 PM
Stryfe

Alot of these have been covered but the ones that haven't were

Nasty Boyz had their brief face runs in WWF

Mullet was right about Misterio

Dangerboy was right about Wisp and the Hardy's in the Brood

Flairsjobber is dead on too about Snuka, he also was in the Dangerous Alliance as well as feuded with Flair for the US title.

I think towards the end of his career Bockwinkle tried to go out a ace but I can't remember who he fought but I think it was Zybsko.

Sid also had an early face run as Humongus as Shane Douglas cousin if I'm not mistaken besides his Justice run.

Alot of good additions too with Tito, Robert Gibson, Rude,I know I'm missing some.
7/20/10 10:04 PM
Festus
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how about King Kong Bundy? 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.