UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Wrestlers they never changed heel/baby face status

7/21/10 12:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PepperUK
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rude? Don't remember him being a face.

Donk the clown

nailz or nails was always a heal likewise IRS
7/21/10 12:50 AM
kikenyoy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/21/10 12:53 AM
Are we talking about the wrestler or the gimmick?

IRS was always heel, but Rotunda was a face. Bushwackers were face but sheepherders heel.

Spivey was a face in the US express.
7/21/10 1:29 AM
Stryfe
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I forgot about Spievy in the US Express...Doink was a face at first and even before that matt Borne was a face for the longest time.
7/21/10 3:25 AM
mugumuchu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rocky Johnson was always the face..
7/21/10 3:41 AM
Roy Batty
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sheik was a face in Detroit for a while during the 70's. I don't think it went well, but the territory may have been already dying at that point making it a desperation attempt.
7/21/10 7:15 AM
kikenyoy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pedro Morales
7/21/10 7:54 AM
Stryfe
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't think of Jay Strongbow or Jay Youngblood having a heel run.
7/21/10 11:28 AM
Chocolate Shatner
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think for most wrestlers, you have to separate the character from the man. For example, as some have said, IRS was always a heel, but Mike Rotunda had time as a face.

At some point, whether it be coming up in the indys or territories, or as a short run later or what, EVERYONE has done both face and heel.
7/21/10 12:01 PM
Bitters
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hacksaw Jim Duggan as a face?

Did Goldberg ever go heel?
7/21/10 12:26 PM
Stryfe

Chocolate Shatner - I think for most wrestlers, you have to separate the character from the man. For example, as some have said, IRS was always a heel, but Mike Rotunda had time as a face.

At some point, whether it be coming up in the indys or territories, or as a short run later or what, EVERYONE has done both face and heel.

I believe up until he IRS/Rotunda mention all the ones decided upon had not changed to the otherside. We weren't talking gimicks and in the old territory days the wrestlers pretty much owned their gimick therefore there wasn't a need to change when going to a bigger promotion. Everyone mentioned here has not been both face and heel.

I can't remember if Goldberg was considered heel long enough during the NWO silver deal before he got hurt.
7/21/10 1:41 PM
Festus
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok...what about Iron Mike Sharpe
7/21/10 2:39 PM
vengence
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dangerboy12 - Hardy was Will o the Wisp in Omega. He was also in the Brood for a short time I think.

i dont remember the hadry's ever being in the brood.

it was E+C and Gangrel i thought
7/21/10 2:43 PM
vengence
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what about

jake the snake...heel?

Miz has been heel since he started in wrestling. (hes not oldschool i know)
7/21/10 2:46 PM
vengence

vengence - 
dangerboy12 - Hardy was Will o the Wisp in Omega. He was also in the Brood for a short time I think.

i dont remember the hadry's ever being in the brood.

it was E+C and Gangrel i thought

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brood_%28professional_wrestling%29
7/21/10 2:47 PM
Squared Circle
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vengence - what about

jake the snake...heel?

Miz has been heel since he started in wrestling. (hes not oldschool i know)

I think Jake was face for a while in the eighties.
7/21/10 3:03 PM
BigWilliam
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake was face for a short while helping the ultimate warrior get ready for a match with the Undertaker. And then he turned on warrior, because warrior was a douche bag. Or something like that.
7/21/10 3:11 PM
TtoMyJ14
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bitters -

Yep great american bash 2000. What about Ted Dibiase?
7/21/10 3:31 PM
Squared Circle
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TtoMyJ14 - 
Bitters -

Yep great american bash 2000. What about Ted Dibiase?
I think pre-million dollar man Ted Dibiase may have been a face.

7/21/10 4:17 PM
vengence

was shane douglas ever a face.
7/21/10 5:09 PM
Spuds Buckley
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The ShockMaster
7/21/10 8:39 PM
Stryfe

Shockmaster was face/heel as tugboat/typhoon just to name 2.

Hacksaw was also heel in midsouth or midsouthern until him and his tag partner at the time, Dibase, fell out.

Bad tag teams mentioned...the Fantastics

did Big John Studd have a face run?

We need to reorganize the ones that haven't beenknow to have played both sides.
7/21/10 11:26 PM
Stryfe

Jake Roberts had alot of face time. Crocket mid-Atlantic, WWF feuds against Andre, Rick Martel, Rude, and Bad News Allen to name a few.
7/22/10 12:49 AM
Stryfe

Don Muraco started as face in AWA. Well, he may have started somewhere before that but early on in his career he was a face in AWA tag scene.

PrinceZordar, it's very rare that guys that spent some decent amount of time in wrestling didn't switch and this thread shows just how few did. You are definetly correct when you mention that the home town hero determined face or not. Look at the talk that was created when life long faces turned like Andre and Backlund.
7/22/10 12:53 AM
A.C. Slater's Mullet
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Muracco was a face toward the end of his WWE run. Same with Big John Studd. Shane Douglas was a face not only with the Dynamic Dudes, he also used to team with Steamboat in the early 90's.
7/22/10 10:52 AM
Dojosensei

I can't remember if they were in the Brood or the Ministry of Darkness. I know the Hardy's were heel in one of those two groups though when the Undertaker was really pushing the religious gimmick with Stephanie McMahon's kidnapping etc...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.