UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Wrestlers they never changed heel/baby face status

10/16/12 11:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nuckin Futs
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/16/12 11:08 PM
Stryfe - 
Nuckin Futs - 
Stryfe - 
Nuckin Futs - 
instantkarma - 

Heels: Akeem/One Man Gang, Jesse Ventura, Ivan Koloff, Iron Shiek, Orton Sr.

Face: Bruno, Okerlund, Thesz Phone Post

I'm not sure about Bob Orton Sr. that was a bit before my time, but I know Bob Orton Jr. was a face for a bit in Mid-South. I saw a house show with him vs Kamala in the 80's.

I do remember Orton jr and Dick Slater turning heel to collect a bounty on Ric Flair as well.

Was that the set up for the A Flair for The Gold angle with Race putting up the bounty?

That was the angle setting up for Starrcade.

The Gang had some brief face runs in the Mid-South territory and even against big bubba Rogers in UWF dropping the title to Bubba ( Bossman)

Koko B Ware had a heel run as Sweet Brown Sugar feuding with Lawler in Memphis.

I really don't recall him being a face in Mid-South. Not saying it wasn't possible, but all my memories were of him as a heel. Do you recall who he feuded with?

OMG did take the UWF belt from Terry Gordy who was a heel. He got the belt due to a forfeit, but I wouldn't say Gang was a face at the time.

Bubba Rogers actually was getting cheered when he won the belt from OMG. It was his first time on UWF TV and the fans were glad to see the OMG get beat.

Off topic but it was shitty the way Dusty booked the UWF guys after Crockett bought out Watts. Bubba Rogers was a prime example. Bubba was not a headline singles guy in WCW and wins the belt in his first match against a established UWF guy.
10/16/12 11:29 PM
danny A
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In earlier posts King Kong Bundy and Big John Stud were mentioned. Big John was a baby face for a short time when he returned to the WWF and won a Royal Rumble.
Accoding to Road Warrior Animal's book Bundy was a face for a short time after being beat up and kicked out of the the LOD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOrZUGpsQPc Actually found some proof for Bundy here.
10/17/12 1:05 PM
Violentguy
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Am i right or wrong on Zan Panzer? I can't remember. Phone Post
10/17/12 2:13 PM
Stryfe
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool find on the Bundy deal. I remember briefly Studd having his face turn because that use to be the way you tried to exit the business.

I can't remember the entire deal with OMG in mid south but I do remember it involved Savage trying to win his freedom.

I'm glad this thread has gone so far but I hate we didn't make an ongoing list so we can see who we already discussed.
10/17/12 2:13 PM
Stryfe
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/17/12 3:50 PM
Sorry for the double post.

Zan Panzer I just remember as a heel but when your a legendary Anderson that's about all you can be.
10/17/12 4:54 PM
Nuckin Futs
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stryfe - Cool find on the Bundy deal. I remember briefly Studd having his face turn because that use to be the way you tried to exit the business.

I can't remember the entire deal with OMG in mid south but I do remember it involved Savage trying to win his freedom.

I'm glad this thread has gone so far but I hate we didn't make an ongoing list so we can see who we already discussed.

I was thinking Bill Watt's Mid-South wrestling and I think you are thinking of Memphis if it involved Savage. Memphis did wrestle in the Mid-South Coliseum so that might be where the confusing came in.

I didn't keep up with Memphis like I did Mid-South so I take your word on OMG being a face there.
10/17/12 6:11 PM
Stryfe

My bad, crossed my wires on territories. It was Poffo's ICW and it involved Ron Garvin and Savage and at that time the Gang was known as Crusher Broomfield and oddly enough Garvin was known as One Man Gang then.
10/17/12 6:18 PM
Stryfe

Nuckin Futs - 
Stryfe - Cool find on the Bundy deal. I remember briefly Studd having his face turn because that use to be the way you tried to exit the business.

I was thinking Bill Watt's Mid-South wrestling and I think you are thinking of Memphis if it involved Savage. Memphis did wrestle in the Mid-South Coliseum so that might be where the confusing came in.

I didn't keep up with Memphis like I did Mid-South so I take your word on OMG being a face there.

I went back and dug on the net to make sure I wasn't totally crazy. It was possible that I was mistaken since mixing up my territories but I did find this thread on an old forum where someone was asking if there was ever a OMG Ronnie Garvin vs OMG and they explain the angle better than the fragments I remember. My apologies again for the confusion.

"Around 1982, Garvin was the ICW babyface seeking the championship held by the evil Randy Savage, who had somehow gained control over the career of Broomfield. Apparently, Crusher's sister had some big medical bills or something like that, and he allowed Savage to "own his contract" to support her.

Garvin eventually convinced Broomfield to turn babyface, and he freed him from the control by winning a special match (against Savage perhaps?) with Broomfield's contract on the line."
10/17/12 7:35 PM
Violentguy
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stryfe - Sorry for the double post.

Zan Panzer I just remember as a heel but when your a legendary Anderson that's about all you can be.
Thanks man. I thought so Phone Post
10/18/12 8:25 AM
Starship2000
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Squared Circle -
vengence - what about

jake the snake...heel?

Miz has been heel since he started in wrestling. (hes not oldschool i know)

I think Jake was face for a while in the eighties.
Jake was a face in 96 when Austin whooped his ass in the kotr. Phone Post
10/18/12 7:47 PM
instantkarma
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Starship2000 -
Squared Circle -
vengence - what about

jake the snake...heel?

Miz has been heel since he started in wrestling. (hes not oldschool i know)

I think Jake was face for a while in the eighties.
Jake was a face in 96 when Austin whooped his ass in the kotr. Phone Post
Jake was a face from 87-91 during his first WWF run. Phone Post
10/19/12 1:48 PM
vengence
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what about

bobby heenan....face?

rick martel....face?

chris candido ... face?

barry horwitz ... heel?

million dolla dolla man .... face?

hulk hogan...technical wrestler?
10/19/12 5:48 PM
Stryfe

vengence - what about

bobby heenan....face?

rick martel....face?

chris candido ... face?

barry horwitz ... heel?

million dolla dolla man .... face?

hulk hogan...technical wrestler?

I think Heenan was heel from the very start even when he wrestled.

Martel was a huge baby face in AWA and it was considered a big turn when he was a heel in WWE.

DiBase was a face in Georgia teaming with Tommy Rich.

Hogan...never a technical wrestler but had better matches in his NJPW run where he did have a decent match with Muta.
10/20/12 6:24 PM
vengence
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

was bigelow ever a face?

btw thanks for the response
10/20/12 6:26 PM
Bobby Lupo
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vengence - was bigelow ever a face?

yeah, a few times. Never worked. I think he debuted as a face
4/10/13 10:43 AM
Stryfe

Bumping this thread to go along with the new one started
4/10/13 12:44 PM
instantkarma
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo -
vengence - was bigelow ever a face?

yeah, a few times. Never worked. I think he debuted as a face
He was a face in the late 80's for a couple of years. Phone Post 3.0
4/10/13 8:16 PM
thegreatone287
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry if it has been posted. Goldberg? Face. Phone Post
4/10/13 8:49 PM
Stryfe

thegreatone287 -  Sorry if it has been posted. Goldberg? Face. Phone Post

Goldberg had a short heel run in WCW
4/10/13 9:50 PM
thegreatone287
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stryfe -
thegreatone287 -  Sorry if it has been posted. Goldberg? Face. Phone Post

Goldberg had a short heel run in WCW
Really holy shit. Didnt know that cheers man. Phone Post
4/10/13 10:29 PM
Stryfe

It was a short run but it was good.
4/11/13 4:17 AM
Jaybrone
328 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/11/13 4:31 AM

Was Steve Austin ever a true face? I mean he was so over as a heel he was by default a face, but he still very much played the heel. As Stunning Steve and in the Hollywood blonds I only remember them being heels. I am not that versed as some of you appear to be.

4/11/13 4:41 AM
ViciousCesar
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Mikey Whipwreck ever turn?
4/11/13 8:05 AM
Stribo
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ViciousCesar - Did Mikey Whipwreck ever turn?
Yes with the sinister minister and he tagged with Tajiri. Phone Post 3.0
4/11/13 9:10 AM
Stryfe

Jaybrone - 

Was Steve Austin ever a true face? I mean he was so over as a heel he was by default a face, but he still very much played the heel. As Stunning Steve and in the Hollywood blonds I only remember them being heels. I am not that versed as some of you appear to be.

Austin started in Texas as a face being a fan sitting on the front row each week.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.