7/20/10 8:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Train Judo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go Godzilla.
7/20/10 8:52 PM
Winston Wolf
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think u deserve a shot at either of those guys
7/20/10 10:01 PM
GODZILLA
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the support. And I DO hold grudges.
7/20/10 10:14 PM
Smith1234
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just curious - what is the story if any behind Wander Braga? A really old school guy who hadn't fought in a while when he fought you.

Very nice notch to get on the belt, not demeaning the win at all, just askin...
7/20/10 10:15 PM
Jason Franklin
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have always like Gabe and his style of fighting. He did look like a "TOOL" on the show but that was partly editing. The scene where he told BJ to put him back in the sauna is the funniest moment on TUF. Especially watching BJ make fun of him.

That said, him and Wiman would be good. Real good.

I think Lauzon subs him though.

Continued success and I'm sure we will see you back in there.
7/20/10 10:44 PM
GODZILLA
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smith1234 - Just curious - what is the story if any behind Wander Braga? A really old school guy who hadn't fought in a while when he fought you.

What do you mean? There was no story. My manager got a call, the promoter wanted me to fight Wander. I was hesitant at first because I like Wander and had trained with him before. When I was told that Wander asked for the fight and didnt have an issue fighting me, I said Ok.

And LOL @ Lauzon submitting me
7/20/10 10:45 PM
Snowguy
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Noah got into a fist fight on the show and got a second chance in WEC....Junie had a bunch of chances....bring  Godzirra  back
7/20/10 10:57 PM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

Edited: 07/20/10 10:57 PM
when you compare couple complete embarrassments to the sport of MMA to establish that someone should be allowed back in, you aren't helping the effort in the slightest.
7/20/10 11:02 PM
Lite
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would expect you would like to fight almost anyone in the UFC stable in a UFC event.
7/20/10 11:03 PM
ilovetortillas
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swock Sucker - 

why do you hate handsome things?

as a fan of handsome things, i would also like to know why you hate handsome things
7/20/10 11:18 PM
jjj2121

GODZILLA - 
Smith1234 - Just curious - what is the story if any behind Wander Braga? A really old school guy who hadn't fought in a while when he fought you.

What do you mean? There was no story. My manager got a call, the promoter wanted me to fight Wander. I was hesitant at first because I like Wander and had trained with him before. When I was told that Wander asked for the fight and didnt have an issue fighting me, I said Ok.

You may not be able to answer, but any UFC/SF rumblings coming your way Gabe or is this thread intended to start some headed their way?

I don't think there is much doubt at this point that you deserve another shot.
7/20/10 11:25 PM
drmmr

I thought it very douche baggery of how Gabe singled out Wiman on the show. At least that is how the show made it appear. Who knows, maybe Wiman called Gabe out the first day and he thought he should make cracks at Handsome Wiman??

But, I seriously think he would smash Godzilla. He's fought WAY tougher opponents.

He'll smash Danzig again so it really doesn't matter.

Drmmr
7/20/10 11:30 PM
Tons
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

0-2

7/20/10 11:36 PM
jjj2121

drmmr - I thought it very douche baggery of how Gabe singled out Wiman on the show. At least that is how the show made it appear. Who knows, maybe Wiman called Gabe out the first day and he thought he should make cracks at Handsome Wiman??

But, I seriously think he would smash Godzilla. He's fought WAY tougher opponents.

He'll smash Danzig again so it really doesn't matter.

Drmmr

Refresh my memory, I recall Gabe's beef being with Hill and then getting ragged on for calling out Weems.
7/20/10 11:40 PM
drmmr

Also, with Matt W, I remember Wiman saying to Gabe "I would smash in you a stand up fight".. but go back and watch, it's there.
I also read somewhere that Hill and Gabe were cool when the camera's weren't rolling that Hill was a character for the camera..
7/21/10 12:18 AM
Smith1234
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GODZILLA - 

I just mean it was an interesting match to get made and not sure why he would ask for it (or any fight) at that point, and then apparently stop fighting again.
7/21/10 12:23 AM
jjj2121

drmmr - Also, with Matt W, I remember Wiman saying to Gabe "I would smash in you a stand up fight".. but go back and watch, it's there.
I also read somewhere that Hill and Gabe were cool when the camera's weren't rolling that Hill was a character for the camera..

re: Hill...ya think?

This zone is my home, this home is my zone, nobody goes in my zone or my home!!!

Hamming it up a little?
7/21/10 12:24 AM
holly9000
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GODZILLA -  Thanks for the support. And I DO hold grudges.

you're too classy for that, congrats on the latest notch in your win column and yeah, let's get Gabe back into the big show
7/21/10 12:28 AM
knockoutfighter

GODZILLA -  Thanks for the support. And I DO hold grudges.

lol Wiman does seem like a guy you either love or hate. He's a bully when he fights so I'm sure that rubs some people the wrong way.
7/21/10 12:45 AM
uniquetechnique
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HL of Godzilla.
Can't wait to make a more sweet one with After Effects. I will wait till I get new footages after a couple of his fights.
7/21/10 1:00 AM
jave
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/21/10 1:02 AM
I would pay to see Godzilla fight in the UFC, my friends feel the same way, he was pegged as a goat in the TUF show, but really it was a two sided thing.

At one point we were like "wicked, this is some great drama and he didn't make weight and he wasn't allowed to fight"

At the same time, and later.. we always said "damn, what if Godzilla had made weight? I bet he had a top 3 chance of taking it, if not... top 2" (I personally had thought i'd see him in the finals)

Godzilla only seems to be getting better, the only thing that he needs next is to be fighting in a better org, I think he's done his time and proved he's not messing around, he's by far UFC ready and has a back story to boot with is very easy to promote and make this a fan classic return!!!
7/21/10 1:33 AM
jave
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On another note, fighters do not make weight all the time, they take a pay cut % etc... perhaps get a ringing out etc.. but they're still on the card and the next card.

I think because this was on public TV and it made for good TV to display it in the way it was... it was for the best of that season of TUF to put Godzilla on the ringer.

But in reality, had this of happend in a fight on a UFC card, he'd be fighting the next card and there would be no drama like there is now.

Harsh reality TV and being able to judge from watching the TV is a killer in this case. I know when I was watching this on TV with my friends we were all half in the bag from Miller... couch warriors so to speak lol.
7/21/10 1:59 PM
nineteen

TTT

GABE TO THE UFC!!!
7/21/10 2:03 PM
mrzipplokk
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gabe is going to give anyone trouble.
7/21/10 2:07 PM
FreeCandy
328 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zilla. Razor Rob comin for ya, so that should be a war. get past him and good luck!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.