UnderGround Forums

New York Underground >> East Long Island BJJ?

7/22/10 6:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PeterGBO
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be in NY for the next week and I'm looking for a friendly place I can drop in and train for a day or two. I just hurt my back last week and I'm still recovering, so I'm kind of looking for a laid back gym where I can get some practice in with out hurting myself.

I did a search on google and it seems the further east you get the further mcdojo the place gets. I heard there was an awesome teacher in Riverhead at one point, but I couldn't find him on google or appears he may have moved.

Where do you guys on the east side go to train, or do you just make the trip further up the island?
7/22/10 7:27 PM
JoeF
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strong Island Grappling Challenge, Next Event: 8/22/10
A little late but the teacher in Riverhead I think is Greg Depasquale, hes not there anymore. Hes a Black Belt under Joe D'Arce. Theres really not much out there that far.
7/22/10 9:12 PM
PeterGBO

Your school is in Holbrook? That's not to far. My family said I could use one of their cars so it looks like I can drive anywhere. What do you guys charge for mat fee? Any kind of deals if I do 3-4 classes in the week? I'm kind of low on funds. Thx for the help!
7/23/10 1:57 AM
JoeF

Strong Island Grappling Challenge, Next Event: 8/22/10
I go to Vamos BJJ in Holbrook, taught by Chris and Alex Vamos who are black belts under Joe D'Arce.

I don't know what the mat fees are for drop ins, you'd have to call and ask but I think like $20.

Where you coming from, where are your parents?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.