UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> How to use Muay Thai in a streetfight

7/23/10 11:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TrevorRice
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I train primarily BJJ now, I used to do Muay Thai- heavily.
Anyway, here is a good clip of how a pure Thai Boxer (smaller guy) would use his thai skills to destroy a much larger fighter. Note, I believe this is from UFC 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LMMbcyOEFU
8/1/10 3:51 PM
New2MMA
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/01/10 3:51 PM
I think you'd end up killing someone if you did that on the street.
8/4/10 7:44 AM
OUTCOLD
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jam the punches clinch big knee to the nuts then step out whilst still holding the clinch and toss him to the ground then then soccer kick , it works a treat.
8/4/10 6:04 PM
Jake Steinmann
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sityodtong Muay Thai, Trainer
Looks like a good example of how a Thai fighter could get himself jailed.
8/5/10 11:28 AM
Outkaster
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah take it from someone with experience the court always looks down on anyone taking martial arts or boxing.
8/5/10 1:33 PM
OUTCOLD
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake Steinmann - Looks like a good example of how a Thai fighter could get himself jailed.

Sounds harsh I guess sometimes thats what you gotta do, another fave is just jam clinch knee knee knee till they go limp and gently lower him to the ground :) like a gentlemen!

depends on the situation ????

Never never admit to having any form of training and especially dont carry any business cards saying hey im a Khru LOL
8/17/10 3:24 PM
Outkaster
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah that's all fine and good until someone sees you in an altercation.
8/25/10 10:56 AM
TrevorRice
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just trying to show the effectiveness of Muay Thai
8/25/10 11:47 AM
Jake Steinmann

Sityodtong Muay Thai, Trainer
Dude, you're posting on a Kickboxing forum that's frequented primarily by Muay Thai practitioners. I don't think anyone on here questions the effectiveness of Muay Thai.
8/26/10 3:01 AM
nogblublt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The clinch in the street is devastating. Get the plum and rain knees to the head and body. Also is useful if there are multiple attackers because you can clinch one guy and use him as a human shield to keep distance between you and the others. Phone Post
9/6/10 10:17 PM
SidRon
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If possible use the superior conditioning you developed doing muay thai to run away.
9/7/10 8:01 PM
WidespreadPanic

Edited: 09/07/10 10:49 PM
9/16/10 11:11 PM
The Sultan
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dude, that's a great way to paralyze someone, lol.
9/16/10 11:12 PM
The Sultan
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake Steinmann - Dude, you're posting on a Kickboxing forum that's frequented primarily by Muay Thai practitioners. I don't think anyone on here questions the effectiveness of Muay Thai.
sweep the leg johnnny!!!!! no mercy!!!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.