UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Faber vs Mizugaki Now Targeted For The Fall

7/25/10 6:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMARising
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARising.com, Owner

http://www.mmarising.com/news/2010/07/25/faber-vs-mizugaki-now-targeted-for-the-fall/

A previously scheduled WEC 50 bantamweight matchup between former WEC Featherweight Champion “The California Kid” Urijah Faber and Takeya Mizugaki is now targeted for the Fall. The fight, first scrapped after Faber was forced to withdraw due to injury, is now likely for WEC 51 or 52.

Sources close to the ongoing negotiations confirmed with MMARising.com this weekend that WEC 52, targeted for November 7th in Faber’s hometown city of Sacramento, California, is the most likely date for the rescheduled fight. Revised bout agreements have not yet been signed.

This fight is still in the works and I've been told that it will happen after all.

Note: The exact date and number (and specific city) of the event haven't yet been determined. What I've been told is that it is likely to happen in the "first week of November," which would probably be the 7th. Since nothing is official yet, the November event could wind up being WEC 53 if the rumoured October show happens, but either way, plans for the fight are still in place. I think it's an excellent matchup and I'm glad that it wasn't scrapped entirely.
7/25/10 8:08 PM
Chris
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Partner
 looking forward to the fight.
7/25/10 9:33 PM
MMc AA

I honestly thought the title said "Fedor"... and I still wasnt THAT surprised.
7/25/10 10:08 PM
MMARising

MMARising.com, Owner
MMc AA - I honestly thought the title said "Fedor"... and I still wasnt THAT surprised.

LOL. Nah, I'm not sure that that one would go over very well.  :P

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.