UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Army Championships 2010

7/27/10 12:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AndrewChappelle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I should be competing this year for the first time at 170lbs. I'm excited that I can now compete. I spent so much time helping run the tournament, our command wouldn't allow us to compete, but now...I am no longer at the Ft. Benning Combatives school. I am in the Reserves in SATX. I have one fight in Bellator Sept 2nd, and then I'll be training for The Army Combatives Championships 2010. Anyone know me plan on being there?
7/27/10 10:11 AM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know I'll be there but we STILL won't be abble to train!

Look, this is your only chance. You can compete in this one, but here after you are going to be a coach. That way we can fucking train
7/28/10 11:43 AM
Nagster5
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm praying that West Point lets us take a team this year. I hope to see you there.
7/29/10 1:05 AM
AndrewChappelle

Jason, I might coach if I can get the command on Ft. Sam Houston to approve it, but if not, then I am going to compete. Even if I compete, I'll definitely roll with you after the tournament part of the competition before the finals.
7/30/10 7:32 AM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As sson as you win I'm jumping in the ring to roll. Don't kick me though
8/2/10 10:10 AM
rafie

ALL

I am trying to go with a team from S Korea. Hope see you there...
8/6/10 12:20 PM
alheymann

Andrew,

Good luck, I am going to try to be there.

When did you switch to the reserves?

CPT Heymann
8/10/10 10:51 AM
AndrewChappelle

I switched over to the Reserves June of this year. I've only had one drill so far, and I could already see the difference.
8/17/10 9:08 PM
alheymann

Yeah, it takes some getting used to. Hard to reach/maintain a high standard when you only train together once a month. Hopefully you have a good command climate that sets a high level of discipline.

What are you doing for a "day job"?
8/21/10 5:32 AM
Brons007

Chapelle,

Good luck in Bellator, wish we were close by to show some support. Have fun at the Army Championship and be careful with the Blind Fury, he is a NINJA.

Rafi,

you still in Korea? Good luck to your team and if your competing this year, I wish you the best brother.
8/27/10 8:11 PM
rafie

Bro

Yeah I am in S korea we trying to go but no $$$ lol we will see
8/30/10 8:50 PM
Nichevo

Our command, (RRC NJARNG) is trying to get it together, we sent two down to Benning for the ARNG combatives tournament and they are looking forward to getting back down. @Nagster, I was just up at USMA a few weeks ago for an airborne physical and am taking a guy up there WED for a PHA.
8/30/10 9:48 PM
Nagster5
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Come in to Arvin, we roll monday/wednesday nights at 1830. We'd love to have more guys in there. Combatives room 4.
9/7/10 3:19 PM
Nichevo

Will do. Next time we head up I'll let you. (PM of my AKO to follow.)
9/12/10 12:01 AM
ChinoV
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've looked at the website, but haven't found anything about the rules. Last year there was some changes that we didn't know about until we got there, and it throws things off a little. I know we are soldiers and we should be ready for anything, etc, but I just got some questions about the events. The better prepared we are, the better we are gonna perform.

Will the uniform for the finals be ACU pants, shin guards, knee pads, & brown shirts still? I didn't know about this change until the day before the finals last year, and wearing ACU pants and shinguards does through off your game.

Are the finals going to be held in a boxing ring like previous years? Know someone who just went through level 3 and said there was a cage there? Does anyone if this true, and if it will be used in the finals?

Thank you for any help.
9/12/10 8:34 PM
BigDaddyPerkins

Uniform will be same as last year, and it will be in a boxing ring. Thats the last word I got.
9/17/10 1:52 AM
ChinoV
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the help, hope to see you guys there. Congrats on your recent win Andrew. I see they let the animal out the cage and you get to finally compete. Goodluck to everybody that competes!
10/11/10 8:11 AM
TheeSenator

So how did the UGers do? I'm currently in week 7 of BCT and read about the results in the Bayonet while pulling staff duty, I don't know anybody's name here really so I couldn't connect names with screen names. I read about the change of name for the championship trophy. Really cool of the Army to do that IMO.. I'm back to BCT today, and start combatives in 2 weeks... Wish me luck! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.