UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan Miller Replaces Baroni

7/27/10 7:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Heddy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAWeekly.com

The replacements are coming in quick for injured fighters as MMAWeekly has now confirmed that Dan Miller will get the call to step in on short notice to face John Salter at UFC 118 in Boston after Phil Baroni was forced out of the fight with a collarbone injury.

The news was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the fight.

Dan Miller enters UFC 118 on a three fight losing streak, but not without facing some of the best competition in the middleweight division. Chael Sonnen, Demian Maia and Michael Bisping have wins over Miller recently, but the New Jersey native took all three to decision, and now looks to bounce back in familiar territory.

The short notice fight.

Miller, along with his brother Jim, have come to the UFC's call on more than one occasion to fill a slot vacated by an injured fighter, and he will once again help the promotion out with an injury subsiding a fighter for the card in Boston.

Miller faces John Salter, a 5-1 fighter overall, who lost in his UFC debut to Gerald Harris, and then got a win over Jason MacDonald when the Canadian snapped his leg in the first round of their bout back in May.

The middleweights will occupy part of the untelevised undercard for the show coming up on August 28 in Boston as the UFC goes to Massachusetts for the first time since sanctioning passed in the state.
7/27/10 7:56 PM
Heddy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miller via sub!

7/27/10 7:57 PM
wandyfan86
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dan miller will smoke salter and send him back to alabama
7/27/10 7:59 PM
Hiza Geri

Alabama Grapplers' Association, Inc
 Dream on.  This will actually be a good fight, though.
WAR SALTERZ!
7/27/10 8:00 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
885 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad 4 NYBA , Boston is a big show
7/27/10 8:01 PM
Rand McPherson
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miller via standing guillotine again!

Salter isn't ready for Miller.
7/27/10 8:02 PM
Hiza Geri

Alabama Grapplers' Association, Inc
 That did look bad, but it wasn't what it seemed; Salter wasn't sure what all happened, only that he won.  I guess your first UFC win is a cause to yawn...
7/27/10 8:04 PM
RickRude

all i gotta say is Mark Bocek was ROBBED against *JIM* Miller... 
7/28/10 12:14 AM
dakillermiller

K-Dub-"T" -   risky.
 he loses, probably gets dropped...

all fights are "risky" in the UFC if you're coming of a loss. With that mentality you'll never thrive, only survive.

WAR DANNY!
7/28/10 12:30 AM
tjmitch
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

K-Dub-"T" -   risky.
 he loses, probably gets dropped...

yeah, becuase he has been 'dropped' so many times in his career.
7/28/10 12:31 AM
tjmitch
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RickRude - all i gotta say is Mark Bocek was ROBBED against *JIM* Miller... 

no, he lost a close decision in a really good fight.
7/28/10 9:43 AM
aloysius
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm picking Miller in this one
7/28/10 12:42 PM
nastarovya
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome4 to see dan back in action!
7/28/10 4:08 PM
BlazerinTraining

Should be a tough test for Salter. As far as him getting submitted... well I doubt it. I would be more inclined to say that if salter gets Miller on the ground Miller might be in trouble. I like Miller though, he has a good story and is a hard worker, good guy and tough fighter. Big fight for both these guys.
7/28/10 4:17 PM
odennis
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miller!!!
7/28/10 4:26 PM
YourDumbFace

Big fan of the miller brothers.
7/29/10 9:08 AM
nastarovya
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BlazerinTraining - Should be a tough test for Salter. As far as him getting submitted... well I doubt it. I would be more inclined to say that if salter gets Miller on the ground Miller might be in trouble. I like Miller though, he has a good story and is a hard worker, good guy and tough fighter. Big fight for both these guys.

i dont know salter. but neither sonner nor maia could do much to miller on the ground, nor 4X NCAA champ Rosholt whom Miller reversed into a guillotine

excited for this ...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.