UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Power Ranger turning pro, wants Strikeforce

7/29/10 8:46 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

"I didn't think a lot of stuff was going to happen so fast, but I got some fights under my belt, got the movie and all that stuff, and I don't know, just training a lot with my training partners and my coach Rocky Long, and stuff like that. I just think I decided to turn pro," Frank told MMAWeekly Radio recently.

"We were going to do one more amateur, but what's the difference? Four amateur fights, five, all the same thing. Now I'm turning pro, get paid to do it, and it's not just about the money, but it's about doing it the right way."

"I'd love to get a Strikeforce deal. I want a Strikeforce deal. I keep talking about it all the time. I know my manager's talked to them briefly. It's just I want to build my record and do it the right way, and let me people know I can go more than one round."

"I've been studying (martial arts) since I was four years old. Yeah, I did the Power Rangers show. That might make Dana (White) snicker, or someone else snicker from another organization, 'oh it's just another guy trying it out.' This is my life. I live and breathe martial arts my whole entire life ever since I was four years old."

Jason Frank will make his professional debut on Aug. 4 at Puro Combate in Houston.

Read entire article...

7/29/10 8:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
disbeliever
454 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As goofy as the power rangers show was, he is a legit martial artist and his stand up is awesome. I want to see him pushed in a fight and see how good he really can be in MMA
7/29/10 10:30 AM
Non N00B
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im all for it, but only if he wears the green ranger uniform to the ring, and then when facing some seemingly unstoppable fighter, he wears the white ranger uniform.
7/29/10 11:51 AM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Roundup, Executive Producer
He looked a little sloppy in his amateur matches.  Hope he does good.  Green/White Ranger was the shit.
7/29/10 11:55 AM
ATLien420
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he better watch his mouth calling out Herschel
7/29/10 12:44 PM
Koku_Ryuu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - As goofy as the power rangers show was, he is a legit martial artist and his stand up is awesome. I want to see him pushed in a fight and see how good he really can be in MMA

I agree with everything you've stated except his stand-up being awesome. I just don't see it with what I've witnessed...and I hope he plans on staying at LHW.
7/29/10 12:49 PM
MMc AA

Non N00B - Im all for it, but only if he wears the green ranger uniform to the ring, and then when facing some seemingly unstoppable fighter, he wears the white ranger uniform.

LOL'd.
7/29/10 12:52 PM
disbeliever
454 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with his amateur fights looking nothing special. However I have sparred with him and know how good his stand up is especially his kicks. Needs to loosen up a bit imo.

Koku_Ryuu - 
disbeliever - As goofy as the power rangers show was, he is a legit martial artist and his stand up is awesome. I want to see him pushed in a fight and see how good he really can be in MMA

I agree with everything you've stated except his stand-up being awesome. I just don't see it with what I've witnessed...and I hope he plans on staying at LHW.
7/29/10 12:56 PM
unique_devil
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Won't be fair if he uses his powers.
7/29/10 1:10 PM
MakeMeBleed
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no can defend
7/29/10 2:07 PM
QTyp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he is in danger of being tapped or KOed, I wonder if he will call in his Dragon Zord. It would be hard to sneak in that flute dagger into the cage, so maybe his corner will have to do it. Seriously though, I would so mark out if he did.

7/29/10 2:11 PM
healzyou

He'd better keep his hands up
7/29/10 2:13 PM
xxzygotexx
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Non N00B - Im all for it, but only if he wears the green ranger uniform to the ring, and then when facing some seemingly unstoppable fighter, he wears the white ranger uniform.

Haha...
I'll tune into his fights...
7/29/10 2:16 PM
Fake Pie
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ref was kind of an idiot, no? He was trying to carefully extract himself without hurting the guy's arm and the ref just keeps shoving him and likely torquing the arm... is that right or am I seeing it wrong?
7/29/10 3:21 PM
BillyRayChubbs
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Epic Fight with Green Ranger WILL be Epic
7/29/10 3:45 PM
JerseyJoeJitsu

DO IT FOR ERIC!!!!
7/29/10 5:52 PM
SilvasAreGood

Edited: 07/29/10 5:52 PM
If he DOESN'T walk out to the power rangers theme, he's making a grave mistake. Talk about instilling fear in your opponent! Whenever that shit plays we all know the mighty rainbow hammer of justice is coming down.
7/29/10 7:44 PM
cycklops
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who's not for this?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.