UnderGround Forums

Iowa Underground >> Ju Jitsu Training in Northeast Iowa

7/29/10 11:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jen Case
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello All, I am trying to find a place to training gi ju jitsu in Northeast Iowa. Specifically, I am moving to Hawkeye and will be teaching at Upper Iowa University. Anywhere with an hour of either location would be awesome. Thanks.
7/29/10 2:11 PM
Crump's Brother
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We have a solid group in Waterloo at Gold's Gym. Halz is the instructor and a brown belt. You're welcome to come in any time. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns by all means ask away and either myself or Halz will get on to answer them. Here's our schedule.

Monday:
6pm, Beginner BJJ.
7pm, BJJ.

Wednesday:
6pm, Beginner BJJ.
7pm, BJJ.

Thursday:
6pm, Nogi BJJ.

Friday:
4:30pm, Kid's BJJ (8-13 yo).

Saturday:
9am, BJJ.
7/30/10 4:54 PM
donkypunch55
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Valhalla Combat Club in Cedar Rapids.

we are less structured as our club exists mainly so we can maintain a space for our MMA team, but we definiatly have some quality grapplers and jits guy's and are always looking for additional participants.

feel free to call me wheneva.

Demian 319-721-6911
8/11/10 11:22 AM
Halz

Hi Jen.  As far as I know, we would be the closest gi club to you in Hawkeye.  From the looks of it, it would be a good 45 minute drive to the gym though.  If there is any time that you would like to check it out, feel free to stop on by.  You can also post on here or PM me if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
Greg Halsor
8/25/10 11:56 PM
Halz

BTW nice first post lurker.
8/29/10 8:53 PM
sirquack

I can attest to Halz and his bunch of goofballs. He is a great guy and the people who work out with him are all solid people. Except for maybe Crump's Brother anyway!!! LOL

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.