UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> ronda rousey mma debut

7/31/10 11:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
gbutts
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ronda will be making her mma debut in oxnard on august 7th, will post the location tommorrow. striker vs grappler
8/1/10 9:21 AM
judoblackbelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All of us support Rhonda in her new sport. She has contributed so much to US judo success on a world scale and we thank her. I know everyone is waiting to see her big throws/armbars in MMA including me.
8/2/10 1:45 AM
zeerebel
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go Ronda !!
8/4/10 5:12 AM
karpo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Read from her mom's blog that she just won at Hayastan grappling competition in mens gategory...

If that was in advanced gategory and somebody got it on tape it might be good promotional material.

8/4/10 12:08 PM
gbutts
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

she fighting august 6th at 2945 los olivos oxnard doors open at 6:00pm tickets are $20. and as far as i know there are videos of her grappling at hayastan
8/4/10 7:02 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/04/10 7:03 PM
Orange County Judo Training Center, OCJudo.com Team
 Here is the link to the event website. www.combatfightleague.com/index.html

Here is the link to purchasing tickets. Ticket prices range from $20-$100. 

www.combatfightleague.com/tickets.html

8/7/10 12:19 AM
gbutts

ronda wins her mma debut in 14 seconds by armbar
8/7/10 1:00 AM
OCJudoTrngCtr
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the update.  Is she still scheduled to fight next month at the Universal Hilton?
8/7/10 8:22 PM
gbutts

the fight last 23 seconds, 9 seconds feeling out and 14 seconds of fighting. i'll post the fight on youtube late sunday night i'm just too exhausted to be fooling around the computer now. it will be under west coast judo training center.
8/7/10 8:25 PM
gbutts

oh yeah her next fight is august 21st in oxnard same time and place. the way checktout this website if you want see the ufc tonight Atdhe.net
8/12/10 11:45 AM
gbutts

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_nDxVjH885o"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_nDxVjH885o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>
8/12/10 11:47 AM
gbutts

my video camera is all jack-up but patty and someone else but ronda's fight on youtube just type in ronda rousey mma
8/12/10 11:55 AM
gbutts

okay here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nDxVjH885o
8/12/10 12:24 PM
BaldTony
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff
8/12/10 6:34 PM
judoblackbelt
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks, when Rhoda gets her clinch on anyone they are going down. I like the fact she is using her judo submission skills on the ground and not ground and pound.
8/13/10 1:47 AM
nowaydo
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
8/14/10 1:46 AM
Punk Dobbs

I'm guessing the other girl's arm is jacked? Looks like she posted on her elbow when she got thrown which could have screwed up her shoulder. Then the armlock happens and I didn't see her tap. Rhonda is the WRONG person to try to gut out an armlock on... Sweet match!
8/14/10 10:55 AM
judo man

She's going to chew up the competition. I saw some pics of her and she is smokin.
8/14/10 5:45 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr

I spoke to someone from Combat Fight League, and they are telling me, her next match will be on August 22nd. It will be during the IMMAE.tv convention in Anaheim.  The venue is the Anaheim Convention Center.

Weigh-ins are scheduled for 11:00am.  The person said that he believed the fights would begin around 1:00 or 2:00pm.
8/14/10 11:50 PM
gbutts

the fight is still up-in-the-air, they are still trying to find someone for her to fight. she you know by tuesday, i hope alot of people come to see her fight, since its local
8/15/10 12:11 AM
OCJudoTrngCtr

The US Sumo Championships are being held at the same venue on the same day, same IMMAE event. So, I think that there will be judo community people there. With the Golden State Open happening the day before, might not be that big of a turnout.

If Ronda is fighting, we'll be there with some members and friends. If you find out she's not fighting, please update this thread. Our group is going for her fight, and not for the other things going on at the Expo.

What is kind of strange is that the tickets for the Expo are $20 on the IMMAE site, and if you go to the combat fight league website, it is selling tickets for $15.
8/16/10 9:45 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr

There is an announcement on the IMMAE.tv  that the event at the Anaheim Convention Center  has been postponed.  www.immae.tv  

8/17/10 10:02 PM
gbutts

OCJudoTrngCtr -  There is an announcement on the IMMAE.tv  that the event at the Anaheim Convention Center  has been postponed.  <a href="http://www.immae.tv">www.immae.tv</a>  

they are going to reschueld for sometime in september , ronda is going to fight penny thomas if penny signs the contract. bjj vs judo in mma
8/18/10 2:22 AM
judo man

That would be interesting. I would like to see her go at it against a bjj grappler.
8/18/10 2:41 AM
leothelion

If she fights Penny Thomas...Penny Thomas is a really good BJJ practioner....it will be a good fight for Rhonda...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.