UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Judo kids in BJJ part 6

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/4/10 6:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
judoinmotion
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My sons BJJ tournament last Saturday, July 31st

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAzc8Ckjap0
8/4/10 7:27 PM
judoinmotion
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you mean... dude?
8/4/10 7:58 PM
OCJudoTrngCtr
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/04/10 8:06 PM
Orange County Judo Training Center, OCJudo.com Team
 Off topic, but Guns N Roses with Soundgarden on the "Use Your Illusions" tour was the first concert that I took my second son to.  So, a thumbs up for the background music.

Your sons have talent. I do enjoy their judo matches much more than their BJJ matches. Its a better showcase for their tachiwaza.  Here is the hyperlink to the video.  www.youtube.com/watch

Do they prefer judo or bjj/grappling competition?

8/4/10 9:08 PM
judoblackbelt
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't pay attention to "that" comment. Love watching Alex and forget the other sons name? Match 1 the arm bar from Kesa was impressive, excellent/skilled judo. Match 2 he had the north-south choke available from side control when his opponent put his arm up and around (could of ended it much earlier). Great the way he stuck with the arm bar. Match 3 nice roll with the anaconda/brabo.Last match for Alex looked like the Peruvian necktie choke. Other son is a so strong and sitting up getting the arm bar is classic judo. Get skills/teckniques demostrated at such a young age. Keep them coming. thanks,
8/5/10 2:45 PM
WISEGUY66
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great vid
8/5/10 3:25 PM
judoinmotion

OCJudoTrngCtr 

Do they prefer judo or bjj/grappling competition?

Thanks. They love both! Now, they are looking forward to NAGA Chicago next month.
8/5/10 3:37 PM
judoinmotion

judoblackbelt - Don't pay attention to "that" comment. Love watching Alex and forget the other sons name? Match 1 the arm bar from Kesa was impressive, excellent/skilled judo. Match 2 he had the north-south choke available from side control when his opponent put his arm up and around (could of ended it much earlier). Great the way he stuck with the arm bar. Match 3 nice roll with the anaconda/brabo.Last match for Alex looked like the Peruvian necktie choke. Other son is a so strong and sitting up getting the arm bar is classic judo. Get skills/teckniques demostrated at such a young age. Keep them coming. thanks,

Thanks JBB.
My step son's name is Madison. Alec's second match, he was trying to choke with his own gi's lapel/skirt, but as he pass his elbow over, his lapel came off the boy's head (check 1:07). It was a good tried though. I showed this move to him only once and I was pleasant surprised to see him trying the move. The last match, he finished with the peruvian necktie. He had other matches that unfortunately were not taped.
8/5/10 7:31 PM
nowaydo
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice video
8/14/10 11:58 PM
leothelion
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@Judoinmotion....nice video...I plan on keeping my boy exclusively training in Judo for awhile longer...personally I think it will give him a very solid base when he starts training BJJ as well....I plan on putting him in a one or two bjj tournaments next year just to get him used to it....I really believe the progression from Judo to BJJ is the way to go....from what I understand all the great Brazilian BJJ players tend to go that route as well....from what I have seen Judo kids are brick sh#thouses compared to bjj kids...Judo kids grip, rip and smash...:-D...Either way I think both sports compliment each other very well
8/16/10 7:26 PM
judoinmotion

Hi Leothelion,
Thanks. How old is your boy? Anyway, I think it is a good plan for him. Good luck and let us know how he does.
8/17/10 12:08 AM
leothelion
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/17/10 12:09 AM
judoinmotion - Hi Leothelion,
Thanks. How old is your boy? Anyway, I think it is a good plan for him. Good luck and let us know how he does.
@Judoinmotion...my boy is soon to be 11 years old....he has been training in judo for almost three years... he is currently a green belt...he really enjoys judo...particularly fighting in tournaments..I really enjoy watching him compete...we have a deam to one day open a judo/ brazilian Jiu-jitsu school...

9/14/10 2:55 PM
walknazty
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Those kids are very impressive.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.