UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> 97 camaro v6 fuel pump no power

8/5/10 12:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JesseLawrence
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need some help here, I've done a lot of reading on the forums about fuel pumps and changing them out. So, my fuel pump went bad (I thought). I changed it out using the trap door method and the new fuel pump would not work. I jumped the new fuel pump to the battery using the fuel pump prime connector and the fuel pump did prime after this. So after this I tested the wire at the relay , I' think I'm supposed to get a hot reading from the orange wire which is from the battery, and a hot reading from the green wire which is PCM with the key turned. I'm not getting a hot reading from either of these. What could be the problem? I changed out all the fuses and still nothing? anyone have this problem and if so how did you fix it?

edit* I also changed the relay to a new relay to make sure it wasn't the relay that was not working. The new relay had no effect
8/5/10 8:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
microbiologynerd
1205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuse- check
relay - check
grounds ??

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.