UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Such a clear example of the value of position

8/5/10 12:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
andre
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know it's nothing special, but if someone brand new to the game wanted to see an example of why position is so important, I think this video is a good one. Negreneau's expression when the second J hit says it all...
8/6/10 11:48 AM
billid
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

true.

makes it even easier when it's negreanu. he has ran so bad in HSP that I'm not sure if he's capable of double barreling on air.
8/6/10 8:55 PM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good hand. This is a extremely standard line from Dwan post-flop, but it just shows you why it is a standard move... it's just soooo hard to play against it OOP.

The counter move in Daniel's spot to Dwan is to bet flop - check raise turn when Negreanu actually has something. Like say Daniel had Aces here... his line is perfect up and then if he check-raises the turn he shuts Dwan out.

This is key concept when playing against players better than you.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.