UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Phuket suggestions?

8/5/10 11:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ned Ryerson
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to be in Phuket for a few days next month so if anyone has any suggestions on things to do and/or places to go please let me know. I'm not going to have enough time to any real training, but I'll probably at least do a private or 2.

What's a good area to stay that's close to everything but not to chaotic? Going to be with my girl so we're going to be more into relaxing and exploring rather than partying (although a little partying is always good)

Thanks in advance
8/6/10 2:52 AM
OUTCOLD
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kata and karon are ok . patong is crazy lol. near where im staying there are 3 gyms close by. taxis are cheap so getting around isnt a hassle just beware of them ripping you off!
8/6/10 8:18 AM
Ryukyu Damashi
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in Phuket right now. I can't stand Patong, Kata, or Karon. I'm staying on the southern tip in Nai Harn/Rawai. Though it is getting more busy. 4 years ago it was just a few motorbikes, not their are cars and buses...
8/6/10 9:55 PM
Ned Ryerson
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell me more about Nai Harn/Rawai Ryuku. Rawai is one of the gyms I was going to check out. They still have fights on Friday nights there?

I'll check out Patong for a night but don't plan on spending too much time there. Any other suggestions? Any good excursions or adventures to do?
8/6/10 10:28 PM
Ryukyu Damashi
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not training at Rawai Muay Thai. I have been at Sinbi Gym for the last month and a half. The 4th summer that I have spent here.

I drive by Rawai Muay Thai everyday on my way to Sinbi. I see they expanded with a ladybar/massage parlor at the gym. lol

IMO, Nai Harn is the nicest beach in Phuket. It is quiet and clean. There is an elephant safari around the corner from Sinbi, which is pretty cool. The area is really laid back.

You can check out my youtube videos of the training at Sinbi, just search matthewjnielsen

Saenchai is coming for a week tomorrow, so I should have some great footage over the next week.
8/6/10 11:23 PM
Ned Ryerson

Cool, thanks. I was told Sinbi is a great gym so maybe I'll do a private over there. Thanks for the feedback.
9/12/10 1:37 AM
Ned Ryerson

2 more questions:

Where's the best place to watch Thai fights? Patong, Bangla?

How dangerous is riding a scooter there? I've heard some horror stories.
9/12/10 10:59 AM
mikeyg88
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've only been to Bangla stadium. Patong stadium look alot more fancier and cleaner from the videos i've seen.
You'll get to watch some good fights there, most of the good ones are Thai vs Thai.

You'll get a laugh out of most of the farang vs Thai fights as nearly all of them are rigged.

Scooter are safe. Just dont drive drunk and just like everywhere else there's always an idiot on the road. Last time i was in phuket i had a scooter for 3 months and drove it everyday to the 7/11, to the gym, to get food, to the beach and to patong which was 15-20mins away. Never crashed or had anyone crash into me.
9/14/10 4:33 AM
TheAdonis

I swear, most the guys posting her are asexual or faggots. TELL US ABOUT THE HOT PUSSY RUNNING AROUND. for fucks sake you guys, i'm standing here wondering if any of you are chasing skirts or just kicking thai pads all day?

seriously. sand/beach? peanut butter/jelly?

thailand/puntang?

the fuck?
9/14/10 9:36 PM
HoustonTexas

phromthep i hear is pretty good
9/15/10 8:51 AM
Ryukyu Damashi

If you are only going to do privates in Phuket, I would recommend the trainer named Pot at Sinbi. He is outstanding.

Here is some video I took of Pot clinching with Saenchai this summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I-cKLqQfC8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.