UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Whats the best quality water proof compass?

8/6/10 3:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vegasdolphin
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whats the best quality water proof compass? Brand? And best place to purchase?

Thnks
8/6/10 4:43 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Waterproof"??

you planning on diving with it? in which case I'm sure they make a diving specific compass.

If for landnav I'll take a GI lensatic for ease and precision.

For small lightweight compass a silva....I think mine is a ranger model, dunno if they still make it etc, mine is 15 y.o. or so.

I got this funky plastic lensatic a couple years ago I dunno who makes it (IIRC it's one of the bigname euro firms) has "Karten- Und Orientierungskompass" on the old box...used it a few times. It was alright, prefer the tougher GI.
8/6/10 5:58 PM
vegasdolphin
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its for my brother, he claims the other one is done from his last adventure, got wet in a body of water- dont ask. He just said he needs waterprrof top quality.
8/6/10 9:00 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.thecompassstore.com/51m3dl.html 

this is the one I posted about earlier...
www.thecompassstore.com/dakar.html

Global model if he travels to lots of countries
www.thecompassstore.com/51m3gl.html

All the abve are liquid filled, so I guess they meet your "Waterproof" desire ;p

my favorite,but many don't like bulk and weight....never heard of anybody having failure.
www.thecompassstore.com/military27.html

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.