UnderGround Forums

Anaconda No-Gi UnderGround >> How often should I change an anaconda's water??

8/11/10 8:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
big fatso
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys, I just got my first anaconda. I will be filtering its water, of course, but am wondering how often the water should be completely changed.

Thanks!
9/28/10 12:56 AM
savage animal
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol
10/4/10 8:07 AM
ValeTudo0
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Change it regularly and make sure to keep the water at around 85F. If it gets too cold it might develop respiratory problems. Put a heat lamp right above his water and he’ll hunker down in his own hot tub for extended periods.
10/4/10 10:57 AM
Kintanon
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I changed the water in my Burmese Python (10 feet long, Albino) every two weeks, pretty much whenever I took her out to feed her.
Don't feed in the same tank where you keep the snake or it will start to associate everything that comes into the top of the tank as prey and one day it will go for your hand.
Also, keep a spray bottle full of vinegar near the cage. If the snake bites you the best way to get it to let go is to spray vinegar in its mouth.
Make sure your snake gets sunlight, or you keep good UVA and UVB lamps in the tank, but DO NOT put your snakes tank in a place where the sun will shine directly through the glass, it will cook your snake in short order.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.