UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sherk: I wanna make a real run for the UFC title

8/14/10 9:12 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

8/14/10 9:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TeamRenzo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sherk time has come and gone, Evan is going to wreck him
8/14/10 10:52 AM
Balance

I actually like Sherk, but I too believe his time has come and gone. There are many younger fighters who can hang with his cardio, ground skills and wrestling and have better reach and more natural boxing talent.
8/14/10 10:53 AM
stkysmurff

Anyone remember that little show they did on this guy?
Where he showed that spot on his fire place he kept for the belt?
They had some hot chic fallowing him around and he talked about how he wouldn't eat anything that was not grown organically because it was so much better for you? And how the fertilizer was bad for you and how he was so very careful about everything that went in his body????
Then 2 weeks later got nailed taking steroids had his new belt taken and shown for the cheater he is?
I am sorry but once a cheat always a cheat.
8/15/10 6:56 PM
brahmabull81
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never noticed how much Sherk looks and sounds like Bill Paxton. Then again i was watching Tombstone earlier so yeah.

Good luck and i hope he doesnt continue that stand n wang that has signalled the lull in his career.
8/15/10 7:04 PM
brahmabull81
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MaliceX - Sherk should implement operation "Jon Fitch" then he would be a contender again.

As boring as it sounds, tis true.

8/15/10 7:06 PM
BJJkilla
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

evan's ground game is going to give sherk a lot of trouble, also the reach advantage evan will have is going to give sherk trouble as well. i don't see how sherk will win.
8/15/10 7:19 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he'd wreck house in the WEC at a weight which didn't put him at such a height disadvantage.
8/15/10 7:33 PM
OneScoup

Sherk either needs to drop down in weight or he's going to have to work on his boxing a lot.
8/15/10 7:38 PM
caposa
1699 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no one else thinks this is a tough fight for Dunham?
8/15/10 7:41 PM
jakeH
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that's cute
8/15/10 7:45 PM
Doem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"lie detector test offciated over by a offical lie detecter test auditor "

what the fuck is that?
Lie detector tests dont mean shit
if the commission believed it then they would have lifted the suspension entirely
8/15/10 7:48 PM
HexRei

brahmabull81 - I never noticed how much Sherk looks and sounds like Bill Paxton. Then again i was watching Tombstone earlier so yeah.

he looks NOTHING like bill paxton. seriously.
8/15/10 7:58 PM
BUFFGEO

No offense but Sherk will never even come close to top 5 ever again.

I mean, for as long as he's been in the game he still isnt really any good at anything but wrestling. He had the belt back when the LW division was void of talent but its a staked bracket now!

He should be 145 anyway
8/15/10 10:20 PM
tranenhb

he has reach on a penguin
8/15/10 10:20 PM
raf_269
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Sherk loses to Dunham, he should try his luck in WEC.
8/15/10 10:37 PM
5 o clock shadow
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sherk is a great guy and a fantastic fighter. I really wish he would use all of his tools more -especially his wrestling. I think that he could have beat Edgar if he took him down and tried to GnP or work for a submission.

I like the fact that he talked about having alternative gameplans. IMHO, this is one area where Sherk can really improve. Against BJ and Edgar, he seemed to get stuck once "plan A" didn't work.

The Dunham fight will probably be Sherk's biggest test. I think that takedowns will play the biggest role in this fight. If Sherk gets the takedown, he can easily win via GnP and ground control. However, Dunham has an excellent wrestling pedigree, and the fight could also easily consist of Dunham takedowns followed by Sherk escapes, followed by more Dunham takedowns, etc...

I think that the steriod accusations were inconclusive at best, but haters are gonna hate and call him a cheater...

I found his comments about the Edgar / Penn fight to be very interesting: "If Penn is going to win, it is going to be a boring fight."

fos
8/15/10 11:10 PM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dunham has been looking good.
8/17/10 7:13 PM
voorhees

xeducatex - sherk will never be champ or even get a shot again. he is unfourtunetly one of those amazing wrestlers that thinks his standup is world class just like his wrestling

8/17/10 7:28 PM
BruceLeeMMAfighting

brahmabull81 - I never noticed how much Sherk looks and sounds like Bill Paxton. Then again i was watching Tombstone earlier so yeah.

Good luck and i hope he doesnt continue that stand n wang that has signalled the lull in his career.

Paxton was the weak Earp brother.

8/17/10 8:05 PM
TheVileOne
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sherk hasn't fought in almost a year and a half. He keeps getting injured and dropping out of fights. He's getting older. His door to a title shot is closing. He won't get there again. BJ Penn was his last shot.
8/17/10 8:23 PM
32Hunter

TeamRenzo - Sherk time has come and gone, Evan is going to wreck him

yes Evan is a future champ.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.