UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Put a guy to sleep tonight. BJJ FTW!

1/22/13 7:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BenBJJ
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did u celebrate by finishing the evening at 'Escape'?
1/22/13 7:21 AM
uberpinscher
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winnson -
Waterbottle - Was it a standing RNC?
Yes, and honestly it was a sucker move.  He was busy trying to punch out my buddy and slapping / punching him when I told his freaking out friend that he was taking a nap.  I just ran up from the side and slapped it on.
Who gives a fuck if it was a sucker move. It's called real life. If you didn't act someone could have ended up a vegetable after hitting their head with that douche bag swinging punches in the street. Good job - people need to realize this isn't the movies. Phone Post
1/22/13 8:55 AM
6ULDV8
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cheers bro.  That was quite a while ago and apparently some dude got stabbed to death in that exact same place a week later.  Kooky.

Where is 'Escape'?

1/22/13 9:25 AM
Virginio
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uberpinscher -
Winnson -
Yes, and honestly it was a sucker move.  He was busy trying to punch out my buddy and slapping / punching him when I told his freaking out friend that he was taking a nap.  I just ran up from the side and slapped it on.
Who gives a fuck if it was a sucker move. It's called real life. If you didn't act someone could have ended up a vegetable after hitting their head with that douche bag swinging punches in the street. Good job - people need to realize this isn't the movies. Phone Post
Exactly. It's only a sucker move when the person who gets "suckered" is expecting a fair fight against a willing opponent. Going around attacking people who do not want to fight is just asking for it. In a situation like this, Winnson was a true gentleman about the ordeal. Phone Post
1/22/13 11:26 AM
ShawnTheBadger
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Virginio - 
uberpinscher -
Winnson -
Exactly. It's only a sucker move when the person who gets "suckered" is expecting a fair fight against a willing opponent. Going around attacking people who do not want to fight is just asking for it. In a situation like this, Winnson was a true gentleman about the ordeal. Phone Post

Agreed.

A street/bar fight is hand-to-hand combat.

In a street fight there is no such thing as a sucker move nor a "fair fight." It is called effective tactics and taking the enemy by utilizing the element of surprise. No rules, no "gentlemens agreements" no quarter asked, none given.

When folks complain about a "sucker punch, dirty move, cheating" in a street fight it makes me SMH.
1/22/13 11:32 AM
Dbulletproof
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Virginio - 
uberpinscher -
Winnson -

True he was.

When the guy was out he could have pulled a Jon Jones and just dropped the dude on his head like a dick, but he gently laid him down for sleepy time, delicately like...

Best way to end the situation.
1/22/13 1:03 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sinceufc2 - How are the slurpees in Hong Kong?
YeAh, this is what interests me most. No offense, I just love slurpees. Phone Post
1/22/13 5:26 PM
BenBJJ
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 

Cheers bro.  That was quite a while ago and apparently some dude got stabbed to death in that exact same place a week later.  Kooky.

Where is 'Escape'?

www.escape.com.hk
10/29/13 11:08 AM
6ULDV8
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honeypot - 
Winnson - 
Honeypot -  TTT for the Hong Kong King Kong!!!!!!!!!!
TTT for Honeypot and Admari tea!  When you visit HK again, promise none of these foolish shenanigans!

WTF Winnson!! I DEMAND these foolish shenanigans next HK trip! DEMAND!!! 

;)

I miss Honeypot.  She hasn't been on here since she got married.

Damn shame that.  

TTT

10/29/13 11:12 AM
6ULDV8

BenBJJ - 
6ULDV8 - 

Where is 'Escape'?

www.escape.com.hk

And I'm too old for that stuff.  

Funny story: superCalo came to Hong Kong and I promised to take him out partying one night.  We never got any further than my local 7-11.

He made a thread about it here: http://www.evilyoshida.com/Thread-Beers-with-winnson?highlight=beers+with+winnson

10/29/13 11:26 AM
Ray Elbe
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winnson - OK, so here's what happened.  I live in Hong Kong and went to a 7-11 after the club to get another beer with a couple of mates.  We see a big guy with no shirt on start screaming, run after a girl and hit her.  Chick's with a guy that's scared because no shirt guy is much bigger.  I see it and scream leave her alone, just go home, stuff like that.

No shirt guy B-lines for me and bum rushes me to the ground.  I reverse him and get base and am talking to him the whole time telling him to chill out.  He basically couldn't do anything with me on him and says ok, ok and I let him up.  His friend's apologizing and saying he's drunk and crazy, no problem.

All of a sudden, no shirt guy grabs a big trash can, hucks it at my friend and then charges him screaming and throwing punches.  My buddy's big and strong, but has never fought before.  I told his friend that no shirt guy was going to sleep for a bit and then ran up and rear naked choked him.

Dude went to sleep in about 5 seconds, I held him and placed him gently on the ground and then me and my mates went to another 7-11 for a beer (ours had been spilt by no shirt guy).

I'm an old man and haven't trained in almost 9 years.  God it's good to know you still have it when you need it.

BJJ FTW!  One of my buddy's that was there is good at eskrima and kickboxing, but what was he going to do? knock the guy out with strikes and possibly get a criminal record?  I just gently laid him out, we moved on and no one got seriously hurt.

Cool Freaking Beans!
Voted up cause I know how rowdy drunk Asians can get Phone Post 3.0
10/29/13 11:50 AM
Rhys91
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7-11's are awesome Phone Post 3.0
10/29/13 12:02 PM
6ULDV8

Oh Bro, it happened.  It happened so much!

Here's Dbulletproof's telling of it in another thread: http://www.evilyoshida.com/Thread-Tales-from-Hong-Kong?page=2

10/29/13 12:05 PM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice try Rener!!! Phone Post 3.0
10/29/13 12:16 PM
alley
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is there no broken glass and dirty needles on the ground in Hong Kong? You probably caught bird flu from that episode, Win.

By the way, curious how old you are. And when you trained what belt did you have? I'm guessing mid-40s blue belt, but kindly let us know?
10/29/13 12:17 PM
caseharts
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Kiss me Phone Post
10/29/13 12:52 PM
6ULDV8

Edited: 10/30/13 12:31 PM

alley - Is there no broken glass and dirty needles on the ground in Hong Kong? You probably caught bird flu from that episode, Win.

By the way, curious how old you are. And when you trained what belt did you have? I'm guessing mid-40s blue belt, but kindly let us know?

It's ridiculous how clean they've kept it.

You get fined $1500.00 if you even think about littering, spitting, or dropping a needle on the ground.

And yeah, you got the last part just about right, but I haven't rolled in years and years and years.  Did some Wing Chung after I moved here, but wound up dumping the instructor on his head because he needed to learn something.

FOOM FOOM FOOM!  Apparently Wing Chun is great if your opponents fold up as soon as you look at them and you can't get into your car, otherwise I'd leave it alone in real combat:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2166864&page=1

10/29/13 12:53 PM
6ULDV8

FOOM FOOM FOOM!

10/29/13 8:28 PM
Dbulletproof
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thread neva die.
10/29/13 8:38 PM
Mrfrosty
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saturday night would be an all out Melee in America if you could get alcohol at 7-11
10/30/13 12:35 PM
6ULDV8

You know, honestly, I think that's why most people don't give too much of a shit about alcohol in Hong Kong.

It's everywhere and it's not special.  In North America they control it with an iron fist and everyone thinks it's special, so when they get the opportunity to drink, they go nuts.

Just my musings on the subject and holy fuck this thread is awesome.  

otsuka is going to see if him and his Chinese wife can find video now, because of this thread from Dbulletproof:

http://www.evilyoshida.com/Thread-Tales-from-Hong-Kong

10/30/13 2:33 PM
snookerbank
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I called someone a mean name once....... Phone Post
10/30/13 2:43 PM
6ULDV8

Mean names suck!

Foom Foom Foom!

10/30/13 2:45 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was this the same 7-11 where you met superCalo?

10/30/13 3:15 PM
Tommy Gunnz
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

later Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.