UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Voice vs. TiTo : Did Lee Murray KO you tito?

8/15/10 6:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thebravebull
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's funny, but Matt Hughes wasn't even there. Anything Matt Hughes has to say about it is hearsay. As for Tito, I could tell from the video that he is bothered by the event as well as the question. You can tell the story is embarrassing to him.
8/15/10 6:24 PM
Haywood Jablowme

Pat M. tells the truth. If you want the truth, listen to Pat.
8/15/10 6:31 PM
Moneyweight
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Pat post on the UG anymore? I remember before I was a user a couple years back I used to see him every once in a while.

TTT for possible Pat reply to this latest vid on the encounter.

Somebody said it before and I agree with this.. based on Tito's past excuses including the recent year, I don't think Tito will ever admit to this story
8/15/10 7:26 PM
ranier wolfcastle
843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"So it's four o'clock in the morning and they had everybody leave the club, right? Well, the UFC had bussed us all over there but they didn't have a bus to take us back. It's down to Mark, me [Pat Miletich], Tony Fryklund, Chuck Liddell, Tito [Ortiz] and Lee Murray. Lee Murray's crew was still there, Tito's crew was also still there. I walked out the back door to go in the alley. Tito's buddy jumped on my back. He jumped on my back and acted like he had me in a choke hold, just messing around, you know? Then I felt him get ripped off of me. I turned around and Tony Fryklund had HIM in a chokehold, and was really choking him. The guy looked like a mouse that just got trapped in a mousetrap; his eyes were popping out and obviously he wasn't breathing. Tony thought he was actually attacking me – that's the only reason he did it. So I turned round and told Tony to let him go, and Tony let him go. Then Tito's buddy turned around and basically said ‘what the f*** are you doing?' to Tony. Well, when he said that, one of Lee Murray's buddies, that one guy who kind of took care of us all week long, thought this guy was actually trying to fight us, so he ran out of the crowd and cracked this kid with a right hand and knocked him out cold.... The entire alley erupted into a huge brawl. I was just standing there, and there were bodies flying all over the place. I was confused how it all happened, because it happened so fast. I was standing there with my mouth open like ‘what the hell is going on?' I looked over and Chuck Liddell was with his back against the wall, knocking people out that were trying to go after him. Then I looked over and there's Tito directly past me, taking his coat off, going after Lee Murray, and Lee Murray's backing up the alley taking his jacket off. Both their jackets come off, and Tito throws a left hook at Lee Murray and misses, and right as he missed, Lee Murray counters with, like, a five-punch combo, landed right on the chin, and knocked Tito out. OUT. Tito fell face-first down to the ground, and then Lee Murray stomped him on the face a couple of times with his boots."

. A number of fi ghters left the after-party together, including Murray, Miletich, Tony Fryklund, and Tito Ortiz, who was the UFC light-heavyweight champion at the time. “One of Tito’s friends jumped on my back … had his arm around my neck like he was choking me,” Miletich said. Fryklund pulled the guy off Miletich and put him in a choke-hold. Miletich was able to get Fryklund to let go, but Ortiz’s friend yelled at Fryklund. “One of Murray’s friends, Paul, thought we were actually in a fi ght and punched Tito’s friend, and that started the whole fi ght in the alley,” Miletich said. Ortiz and Murray squared off, with Ortiz throwing a punch and missing, Miletich said. “Lee came back with like a fi vepunch combo, and landed every punch crisply and dropped Tito, and kicked Tito twice in the head.” Miletich added that he pushed Murray away from Ortiz, telling him to “get out of there.” This brawl with Ortiz most likely got Murray noticed by UFC offi - cials, Miletich said. “I’m guessing that beating up Tito in the alley in London was a good thing to build a rivalry and to have an eventual fi ght between the two … sell a lot of pay-per-views,” Miletich said. However, the bout never happened. Murray fought next on September 2004 at Cage Rage, facing Anderson Silva and losing to him by unanimous decision. About a year later, Murray was stabbed in a donnybrook outside The Funky Buddha, a trendy London nightclub. Murray suffered a punctured lung and severed artery, but survived after he was resuscitated four times.
8/15/10 7:36 PM
smokoplata007

IMHO getting dropped by Lee Murray doesn't make you a punk. He's like a badass character from a Guy Ritchie movie.
8/15/10 7:45 PM
bismanfightclub

Didn't Tito used to say he never got dropped, but slipped due to "dress shoes".??
8/15/10 7:55 PM
LambertCFMMA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I enjoy these Voice Vs. shows but I have a feeling this one with Tito is going to be filled with a bunch of bullshit.
8/15/10 8:11 PM
knuckleballs

Pat had nothing to gain by stating his story. Tito has a lot gain by stating his story.

I'll believe Pat.
8/15/10 8:18 PM
bismanfightclub

knuckleballs - Pat had nothing to gain by stating his story. Tito has a lot gain by stating his story.

I'll believe Pat.

+1  If it were just Tito vs. Lee story, I wouldn't be inclined to believe on over the other, but there were too many witnesses who all seemed to see things similar, yet very differently than Tito.
8/15/10 8:32 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone got a video of Pat giving his side of the story please?
8/15/10 9:01 PM
Bill Pharoni
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at the socks.
8/15/10 9:28 PM
Jump Kick
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

myrites - go to 5, 47 seconds later that night lol lol lol

Legalize MMA Part 3&4 from Bobby Razak on Vimeo.

Does your video catch any of the punches connecting to Tito's head?
8/15/10 9:43 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ye the Chuck bit of all this is definitely the coolest part.

Backed to the wall knocking out challengers one by one.

Sick
8/16/10 2:04 AM
Ew0k187

BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -  Ye the Chuck bit of all this is definitely the coolest part.

Backed to the wall knocking out challengers one by one.

Sick

8/16/10 2:22 AM
spliff
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I asked Pat on twitter about it and he said
"patmiletich Tito can deny anything he wants. I watched him go down face first after Lee Murray smoked him" and I believe him.
8/16/10 3:03 AM
WEIMDADDY1
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tj615 - 
WEIMDADDY1 - I talked to Tony Fryklund @ at UFC event in Vegas right around when all this was on the web. He told me Tito went after Murray, Murray said this is the streets now or something and gave Tito a combo, dropping him on the floor. Said Lee was about to soccer kick him but Matt hughes jumped over tito to stop it or something. But said Lee murray hit Tito on every punch he threw in that combo.

It's amazing how many stories people will make up. Isn't it funny that Matt Hughes himself said that he wasn't even there?

I didnt make shit up, this came from Tony Fryklunds mouth when i asked him about it since we were in lobby after UFC event in Vegas. Besides you act like you were there and shit. So if it wasnt matt hughes maybe it was Mark or whoever I was just retelling a story from like 8yrs ago. Relax you were probably still in elementary when this happened!
8/16/10 8:38 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tj615 is like the last mohican

the last Tito-maniac

i mean Cheato-Maniac

8/16/10 8:39 AM
frankiscool
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/16/10 8:46 AM
piratepirate
617 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't really see what Pat and Hughes have to gain from lying about it the story.

Tito isn't exactly Mr honest, now is he?
"I have a fractured skull"
etc...

8/16/10 11:10 AM
frankiscool
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/16/10 11:32 AM
crowbar
654 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/16/10 11:40 AM
japetto - 
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide - Anyone got a video of Pat giving his side of the story please?

I don't think he has been asked on video. I could be wrong, though.
Pat told the story on ESPN,when they did a show about Lee Murray.They even showed Pat reading some letters from Murray while in jail.   
8/16/10 11:48 AM
Archer0545

ttt
8/16/10 11:50 AM
tomp6581
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All things being equal, the most simple explanation is the truth...

Pat is telling the truth, Tito isn't. He was out. OUT.
8/16/10 12:20 PM
the chief
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Notice Tito's eye movement when the guy says "London".

For a right-handed person, this usually indicates that he's imagining a CONSTRUCTED image in his mind as opposed to a REMEMBERED image.

8/16/10 12:23 PM
the chief
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's funny how Tito attributes this incident to Lee doing 10 years in prison right now (via "Karma").

If one didn't know any better, it would seem that Tito is taking credit for putting Lee behind bars...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.