UnderGround Forums

Virginia Underground >> Hybrid Training Center in VA Beach?

8/17/10 1:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Toshiro Mifune
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/17/10 1:16 PM

So I've been shopping around for a good place to train BJJ since moving to Norfolk. Based on their website, Hybrid Training Center in VA Beach seems to be the one with the best facility and most qualified instructors anywhere near me.<br /><br />http://hybridtrainingcenter.com/<br /><br />

I've sent them an Email inquiring about class structure and monthly fees, but no reply so far. The joint looks expensive. The facility is gigantic, it has tons of equipment, multiple training rooms, and a pretty large staff.

From their website:

* Over 14,000 sq. ft
* heavybag room with over 20 heavy bags
* fully equiped men’s and women’s locker rooms with showers
* 24 ft boxing ring
* 3,000 sq ft. CrossFit Training Area
* 4000 sq ft cage room
* Cardio and Sauna room
* 6 separate training floors
* Pro shop for martial arts equipment and supplements
* Therapy Room for Massage and Chiropractic health

Something has to pay for all of that, and of course their website says nothing about price.<br /><br />Does anyone have any experience with this gym? Any info at all would be appreciated.<br /><br />Thanks.
8/19/10 11:07 AM
Judo Scott
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is the gym I have trained at for almost three years. I also teach the kids bjj classes and manage the website. The price isn't out of line with anywhere else PM me for details.

Just BJJ and nogi is a little over 100 last I checked but you have to talk to the front desk to be sure I might be out of date.

Has anyone answered your email?
12/14/10 4:58 PM
Bankable

I live right next to HTC. Brand new spot with great facilities. They seem to be a lot busier these days but I think a lot of the people are cross-fit.

I go to Eastern, much smaller gym and I'd imagine a little more personal attention (I haven't tried HTC). I'm not sure how the BJJ classes stack up but the gym owner is a very knowledgable guy.
12/15/10 12:23 AM
Judo Scott
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

try both :-)
12/15/10 10:52 AM
Judo Scott

Edited: 01/23/12 5:06 PM
Bankable - I live right next to HTC. Brand new spot with great facilities. They seem to be a lot busier these days but I think a lot of the people are cross-fit.

I go to Eastern, much smaller gym and I'd imagine a little more personal attention (I haven't tried HTC). I'm not sure how the BJJ classes stack up but the gym owner is a very knowledgable guy.

Hybrid is your best option IMO.
6/21/11 12:26 AM
combatclub

HTC is a top notch place. I train there when I am in town.
9/8/11 8:59 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My friend Antwain Britt trains out of Hybrid and I've spoken with Buck on several occasions. A very nice guy., with a great reputation.
4/23/12 6:09 PM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do they have Judo at Hybrid? I may be visiting Hampton Roads and haven't found any Judo clubs on the interwebs.
4/23/12 6:49 PM
Judo Scott

We don't have a judo program any longer. There are only a few judo clubs in the area. The best one is at ODU but that for students only. Anothers at a rec center and last one is this on http://www.norfolkschoolofjudoandju-jitsu.org/
4/24/12 9:49 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judo Scott - We don't have a judo program any longer. There are only a few judo clubs in the area. The best one is at ODU but that for students only. Anothers at a rec center and last one is this on http://www.norfolkschoolofjudoandju-jitsu.org/

OK, thanks.
4/24/12 10:38 AM
Judo Scott

If you come to our school on a Tuesday/Thursday I can put you in touch with the guys that do judo at other places. We have a few that show up on those nights. They may be able to help you.
4/24/12 10:59 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp

Judo Scott - If you come to our school on a Tuesday/Thursday I can put you in touch with the guys that do judo at other places. We have a few that show up on those nights. They may be able to help you.

Ok, thanks again. I have to see when and if I'll be in the area and keep it in mind.
9/14/12 1:45 PM
Judo Scott

Hybrid has Judo now..

2/28/13 12:23 AM
Samir Farid
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

-

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.