UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Motorcycle gear?

8/19/10 12:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yasonf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When you guys ride, what gear do you wear (brands, type)?  I'm starting out and I'm just trying to get ideas of stuff people like.

8/19/10 10:42 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/19/10 10:46 PM
You want stuff that is CE approved. Price generally tells you the quality/fit but there are some good lower priced stuff that is pretty decent. Joe Rocket is an example.

Harley/cruiser geared stuff is sadly often more fashion than safety oriented and I would steer away unless again its CE approved.

newenough.com has awesome deals if you found something in a store that fit great but costs too much you'll often find it there for a lot cheaper.

As to what you should be wearing, ATGATT. All The Gear, All The Time. This comes from someone that did 10k+ miles a year for years as a bike only commuter in Vegas. 110 degrees? Fuck it, leathers. Motorcycles are inherently more dangerous than cars and you're crazy to not minimize that risk of great bodily harm as much as possible.
8/20/10 5:15 PM
deafwoody
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's som many choices out there.

I have 2 icon jackets.Love them both...Very good quality.

I have 3 helmets. An Arai,Icon and suomy.The Arai is my first choice.

Look for a removable liner so u can wash it.Fog proof and scratch proof for the visors.Good ventilation (the arai is awesome).....but above all find one that fits u the best...Try on as many helmets as u can.

I would recomend..Shoei,Arai,Shark and Suomy as my first choices.

I have a pair of Shift boots...Very pleased

My gloves are joe rocket and have lasted for 9 years.

If u want some good vendors to purchase from let me know.
8/23/10 2:03 PM
inanima
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have an HJC jacket that is now about 12 years old, still looks great. I wore it all them, every season. Nice leather, good quality, and cheaper than the big names like Dianese, Vanson, etc. Had soft armor. I had a Fieldsheer back protector, was decent enough.

I have a pair of Teknic kangaroo leather gloves. Best pair, most comfortable gloves I ever used. Had a pair of Alpinestars that literally fell apart. Used a set of Olympia winter gloves that I should have kept.

I liked my Sidi boots.

Had a pair of Teknic leather pants, again much like the HJC, cheaper, but still very nicely made.

Helmets really depend on your head shape. I used to be strictly Shoei, then I had to switch to Arai. Still have a brand new Quantum that hasn't been worn (waiting on the next bike whenever that might be).

8/24/10 10:49 AM
White347LX
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a Icon Motorhead jacket for street riding and Teknic leathers for the track. My helmet is a cheap Fulmer which will be replaced by a HJC CL16 this week.
8/27/10 12:35 AM
PeterIrl
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SIDI Vertigo boots(best boots ever IMO)
OGK Aeroblade2 Helmet
Teknic Violator gloves and 1pc leathers(track use)
Richa 2pc for road
Richa all weather race spec gloves.
Draggin jeans and Ixon summer jacket

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.