UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> AARRRGGGHHHH!!!

8/21/10 12:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bad Monkey
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am new to golf this year and am having a great time playing the game.  I spend time working on various aspects of my game and when I feel like I have made improvements I go to the course and check out the results.  It seems like everytime I do this I see an improvement in a part of my game, but I go to the course and shoot the same damn score because another part of my game wasn't worth a shit that day.

It seems that alot of golfers I know suffer from the same thing; only one part of their game works at a time.  If i'm good of the tee I'm hooking my irons, if my irons are good i'm 3-putting from 7ft, if i'm knocking down 15fter's on the green i'm playing my 2nd shot from the next fairway over.

I know i'm new and shouldn't be a scratch golfer but I feel like I am capable of shooting mid to low 80's when I'm actually in the mid to low 90's.  Is there anything to do but play and practice more?  Seems like a common enough problem with almost everyone that I play with complaining of the same thing.  Anybody got any advise to help get my game sync'd up?
8/21/10 1:06 PM
Triple X Guard
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably need some help with the mental side of the game.
8/23/10 8:07 PM
Bad Monkey
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't doubt that for a second.  Staying relaxed can be a problem for me when I get over the ball.  The thing I keep thinking about is breathing during my swing.  I know when I exhale during my swing my shoulders drop and the ball ends up in the trees to the right.  I would imagine that breathing correctly  might help to fix some of my problems, or at least give me one less thing to think about.  ANybody got any breathing tips?
8/28/10 11:03 AM
Animal Chin
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad Monkey -  I don't doubt that for a second.  Staying relaxed can be a problem for me when I get over the ball.  The thing I keep thinking about is breathing during my swing.  I know when I exhale during my swing my shoulders drop and the ball ends up in the trees to the right.  I would imagine that breathing correctly  might help to fix some of my problems, or at least give me one less thing to think about.  ANybody got any breathing tips?

you really need to forget about that shit and just hit the ball.

if you had to pick, where do you lose the most shots? off the tee? hitting greens? up and downs? pick one and be honest with yourself.
9/3/10 10:53 PM
Bad Monkey

I've seen a little improvement with my irons and getting up & down.  Been playing the par 3 nine holer three to four times a week and it has helped.  Figured out something with the breathing and am feeling much more relaxed standing over the ball (I know its all in my head). 

Last month I was swinging the driver well hitting most of the fairways, last week I hit 1/14 fairways, so I think that is my biggest problem area right now.  Crazy slice, I honestly think if I hit the ball hard enough it would circle around come back to me.

3/22/11 9:00 PM
jtsintegra
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/22/11 9:07 PM
 test

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.