UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Noob to MT

8/21/10 4:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
villageidiot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been training for 3 weeks now. I'm in awe of it.
What's the best way to condition the shins? I've heard just to kick the bag...no rolling pins etc.
8/21/10 5:48 PM
Ryukyu Damashi
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just keep training. kick the bag and pads. Wear shinguards when doing partner drills and sparring. It never stops hurting, you just deal with it better. :)
8/21/10 6:27 PM
villageidiot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks RD.
I'm not going to lie...it's fucking painfull. Nobody here wears shinguards except when sparring. I'm the only American in the class & there is a bit of a language barrier & I don't won't to be the only one to show up wearing them.
I am enjoying it though. I've lost 6lbs in 3 weeks & look 4ward to every class.
8/26/10 3:04 AM
nogblublt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your shins will naturally condition themselves the more you train on the pads and bags. One drill that works after your more experienced is to work with a partner throwing and checking leg kicks back and forth without shin guards. Phone Post
8/27/10 1:05 PM
standupwarrior
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roll a beer bottle up and down your shins
9/6/10 10:20 PM
SidRon
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drink eight ounces of fresh urine each morning. Preferably your own.
9/29/10 9:12 AM
Mit
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just started last night. Very fun. I'm a little out of shape so the conditioning was pretty brutal. Really looking forward to sparring.
10/1/10 1:12 PM
MuayTy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont roll the bottle up and down your shin, can cause micro fractures on the shin Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.