UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gamburyan okay being the underdog

8/23/10 12:52 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
916 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

After dropping to featherweight and earning two unanimous decisions, Manny Gamburyan (11-4) still went into his fight with former featherweight titleholder Mike Brown a huge underdog. He was taking on the former champ who had dethroned WEC-poster boy Urijah Faber and to the casual MMA fan the Armenian was still relatively unknown. He made his presence known though by knocking out Brown just two minutes into the first round of their April 24 match-up. Already a top contender at 145, that knockout solidified his spot as the number one challenger.

“I know it made the decision easy for the WEC as far as, ‘Is Manny getting the next title shot,’” said Gamburyan. “I made it easy by knocking out Mike Brown. I knew I’d be fighting Aldo or Faber.”

Almost mid-way through his training camp for the Sept. 30 bout with Aldo, Gamburyan is still a massive underdog. Aldo is the Brazilian phenomenon that shocked fans by entering the WEC and knocking off every competitor the organization threw his way. He is 7-0 since signing with the WEC in June of 2008.

“To be honest with you, it’s more fun,” explained Gamburyan. “When you’re the underdog, you don’t have anything to lose. Like right now, I’ve got nothing to lose. He has what I want, he has everything I need, and I’m going to go out there and take it from him.”

read entire article...

8/23/10 12:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
inf0
284 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i like his chances

8/23/10 9:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Partner
inf0 -  i like his chances
Me too.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.