UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Art "One Glove" Jimmerson Talks James Toney, UFC 1

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/23/10 5:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
deevlash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.fullmount.co.uk/index.php/mma-news/1-latest-news/739-art-one-glove-jimmerson-talks-james-toney-ufc-1

The UFC's first boxer talks to fullmount.co.uk about his experiences at UFC 1, being offered a share of the UFC and James Toney vs Randy Couture. Bet he wishes he'd taken the shares in the company rather than the $20k now!
8/23/10 5:15 PM
deevlash

no problem :D
8/23/10 5:21 PM
deevlash

He needs to get that glove in a glass case, he could sell it for a small fortune!
8/23/10 6:04 PM
Son of Neckbone
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd trade one of my kidneys for that glove.
8/23/10 6:07 PM
liquidrob
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

someone should tell him his glove has been posting here for years
8/23/10 6:17 PM
Stonemann
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very interesting read. Thanks!
8/23/10 6:29 PM
RickStorm
2683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liquidrob - someone should tell him his glove has been posting here for years
LOL

Good article.. thanks deevlash

8/23/10 6:30 PM
RickStorm
2683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.fullmount.co.uk/index.php/mma-news/1-latest-news/739-art-one-glove-jimmerson-talks-james-toney-ufc-1
8/23/10 6:42 PM
deevlash

ah thanks for making that clickable, Im still not used to the UG forum software yet! :D
8/24/10 3:55 PM
deevlash

bump
8/24/10 4:23 PM
Kai Tremeche

ttt
8/24/10 5:35 PM
deevlash

he seems to have a bit of regret over how he performed, I wonder if he could have a comeback fight? I guess he could on some smaller cards, Mercer did okay afterall and he's not really got any kicks or ground game.
8/24/10 5:52 PM
JimmersonzGlove
702 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ECWCock - CD: And finally, do you still have the One Glove?

AJ: You know what? It's somewhere, I think it's at my moms house. I've got different people from around the world interviewing me asking me if they can buy the glove, so you know, I gotta find that glove one day! Next time I'm at my moms house I'll find it!

I am not for sale.
8/24/10 5:52 PM
13pitbulls

liquidrob - someone should tell him his glove has been posting here for years

Holy Shit!!! THIS
8/24/10 5:57 PM
HAMMER
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AWESOME!!!
8/24/10 6:13 PM
deevlash

JimmersonzGlove - 
ECWCock - CD: And finally, do you still have the One Glove?

AJ: You know what? It's somewhere, I think it's at my moms house. I've got different people from around the world interviewing me asking me if they can buy the glove, so you know, I gotta find that glove one day! Next time I'm at my moms house I'll find it!

I am not for sale.

haha! Brilliant! So are you in his mums loft?
8/24/10 6:37 PM
JimmersonzGlove
702 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:)
8/25/10 3:47 PM
lordbreakdown
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC should buy it from him, and put in their hall of fame
8/25/10 4:09 PM
JudOWNED
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually, was a pretty good interview. But lol at him thinking his fight with Royce would have gone any different if he'd been more aggressive. Can't blame him for thinking so, but I'm just sayin'.
8/25/10 4:47 PM
sawdusk
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wish they had asked him about tapping out as early as he did...
8/25/10 5:09 PM
Kai Tremeche

sawdusk - wish they had asked him about tapping out as early as he did...

In another interview, he was worried about getting fucked up as bad as other fighters he saw who fought earlier.
8/25/10 5:51 PM
sawdusk
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kai Tremeche - 
sawdusk - wish they had asked him about tapping out as early as he did...

In another interview, he was worried about getting fucked up as bad as other fighters he saw who fought earlier.

odd that he would then say in this interview he was completely shocked and waiting for the ref to stand them up...

can't imagine the mindset of a fighter who had little knowledge of what this event would be like standing there in the dressing room seeing the carnage unfold in the earlier bouts!!!

love hearing from these OG's of MMA...
8/25/10 5:58 PM
deevlash

the context of him saying he was expecting to get stood up is a little lost in the text form, he was just saying that his instinctive fighting mindset was to expect a stand up, he of course realised that it wouldnt actually happen.

Heres the audio version
http://www.fullmount.co.uk/index.php/multimedia/745-audio-of-the-art-jimmerson-interview
8/25/10 8:01 PM
Alliance GM
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

deevlash - he seems to have a bit of regret over how he performed, I wonder if he could have a comeback fight? I guess he could on some smaller cards, Mercer did okay afterall and he's not really got any kicks or ground game.

Yeah, set up a remach with Royce. He can be more aggresive, maybe put a "bullet in his gun" and see how he does.
Good Luck
8/25/10 10:58 PM
Cal Cooper
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like Jimmerson would like to forget the details. . .

In an column Big John McCarthy (who did not referee UFC 1) wrote for FIGHT magazine, he told the story of how the night before UFC 1 he had a discussion of styles with the trash-talking Jimmerson. Big John naively explained jiu-jitsu to Jimmerson, who quickly came to the conclusion that Royce was likely going to break his arm! He had his mind made up to tap ASAP before he walked to the cage.

That sort of puts the whole 'one glove' thing in a whole new light.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.