UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Stewart-MacDonald

8/23/10 7:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
alpo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone order parts from here?  I just bought a decent guitar, for next to nothing, that needs a bit of TLC and my friend recommended it.  I don't need anything fancy, just some Floyd Rose thumb screws and allen screws, screws for the FR compartment cover and a couple other minor things.  Some of the hardware is missing and some of it is a little rusty, but the neck and body are perfect.  I was thinking about maybe replacing the tuners also. 

I've only been playing for a couple years and I've never had to refurbish a guitar or anything, but it looks like a decent website to me. 
8/23/10 11:00 PM
RyPuhnie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I worked at PRS all the builder bought stuff from them for their personal guitars so Im guessing its pretty good and trustworthy.
8/24/10 1:49 AM
Ze Dano
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTFU for stew-mac...excellent reputable site
8/24/10 10:08 AM
alpo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, thanks.. I will probably just order there then.  It looks like it's only going to be like $6 shipping for all the stuff I need. 
8/31/10 10:35 PM
jitzophrenic
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/1/10 4:38 PM
Racer X
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jitzophrenic -  sign up for their e-mails too. they have some good DIY tips on there.
Yes, do this. Excellent source for all things guitar related.

9/3/10 3:17 PM
Rawbass
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've bought there also, excellent service.
9/3/10 11:22 PM
alpo

Just to follow up, I ordered all the shit I needed and everything has been great.  The order tracking sucked, but since I got everything in 4 days, it wasn't a big deal.

I ordered all the stuff I needed except for the whammy bar, which I got on Ebay for way cheaper.  But, I got a FR cavity cover, pots, screws, etc., and everything worked out.  
9/4/10 1:24 PM
Hillbilly
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great company. Sometimes their prices are a little higher than some, but they have a huge inventory.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.