UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I would love to hear your opinions...

8/23/10 11:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ben Saunders
317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey guys I'm kinda torn right now on what decisions to make regarding my next fight as most might tie me into a contract losing out on other opportunities... but I figure at the end of the day you the fans play your role in this also...

So I figure why not ask your opinions on who you would like to see me fight for and/or against next...

I wanna thank you all for your recent support... It has really made something very negative into a real positive situation... I know I have the talent to make it and will continue to improve and showcase just that... I look forward to entertaining you all soon enough. =)

-BS
8/23/10 11:15 PM
vxbpoison
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get a few wins on some smaller shows or shows like shark fight against a few former UFC fighters and get back in the UFC. You have too much talent to get stuck in Strike Force.
8/23/10 11:15 PM
saerbarnet

Anything but SF and Bellator if you're afraid of getting on the UFC's bad side.. Sadly there are alot of interesting fights at welterweight in both those organizations.
Anywhere where you can get a good opponent without risking getting shafted by scummy ass promoters..
8/23/10 11:16 PM
ChicagoTom
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cut ties with the Pav ASAP!!!! Save your soul Killa B

8/23/10 11:19 PM
PTM2020
731 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/23/10 11:19 PM
 I would study the course that Gabe Rudeger has undertaken to get back to the UFC and take a cue from his book.

This is a guy that everyone said had no chance in hell to get back in the UFC but with solid hard work, smart quality matchmaking and relationships with the smaller orgs he won Joel Silva back over.   Took some time and serious effort but he did it,  many good legit wins under his belt on his road back too.

8/23/10 11:20 PM
VeniceMMA
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight whoever you can get that's not a total can! Get back to the UFC you deserve it! Big fan!

Posted from my mma underground iPhone app
8/23/10 11:21 PM
momita

I bet you already know what you really want to do.....
Regret is an ugly thing later in life..

good luck.
smoogy
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Golden Glory is having a WW tournament where the grand prize is $150,000. If you can get into that without signing for more than 4 fights, that is a hard opportunity to pass up. Other than that, take single fights for promoters who can get you on television. You might not make as much per fight, but you'll be able to fight when you want to.
AstroZombie707
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Killa B vs Daley :D
8/23/10 11:26 PM
mtone88
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Your style is very exciting and would go a long way in Japan. You can't have wrestlers stall on you there and the ring favors the striker in my opinion.

a WW fight with Zaromskis would be awesome in Dream!

Killa B can really become a star in the land of the rising sun...
8/23/10 11:27 PM
LeftLowKick
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for the love of god, please do NOT fight for maximum fc
8/23/10 11:29 PM
PTM2020
731 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/23/10 11:29 PM
mtone88 - Your style is very exciting and would go a long way in Japan. You can't have wrestlers stall on you there and the ring favors the striker in my opinion.

oooohhhh.

a Zaromskis fight would be f'in awesome!

but I would build up a win or 2 before that one.
8/23/10 11:33 PM
TalkShowOnMute
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Japan!
8/23/10 11:33 PM
mtone88
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PTM2020 - 
mtone88 - Your style is very exciting and would go a long way in Japan. You can't have wrestlers stall on you there and the ring favors the striker in my opinion.

oooohhhh.

a Zaromskis fight would be f'in awesome!

but I would build up a win or 2 before that one.

Ben, your ground game in my opinion is good enough to avoid being subbed and you cant loose a fight in japan by being out positioned they'll continually stand the guy up. in a ring your reach will be very advantageous in cornering fighters. and if you back a guy into a corner and secure the thai clinch its over. The style matchups in Japan are also much better for you. I truly think Japan is your calling.
8/23/10 11:36 PM
caposa
1417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i was gonna say, check out that Golden Glory tournament, if the names are correct it may have the likes of Shinya Aoki and Marius Zaromskis

there are some seriously great fights for you in Strikeforce,  i would be careful with Bellator though

i dont think fighting for Strikeforce will necessarily get you "banned" from the UFC

maybe try and test out the Japanese MMA scene, you have a lot of options

good luck man
8/23/10 11:36 PM
sillypants
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya know, I've always wanted to see you gain some weight and fight Jardine, even before this strange development. Those knees on your first real fight out after the show...you were being called the next anderson. You'll get it back. Sure of it.
8/23/10 11:37 PM
mtone88

UfcSpyGUY -  Dream

I agree Dream is the best option as long as you can make sure you get paid because that has been an issue for some fighters. Sengoku is also a good option. either way the ring, and fast paced fight favors ben's style than the cage. Phil Baroni once said in Japan its a sprint and in America its a marathon. the sprint favors guys like shogun and wanderlei, where the marathon favors guys like forrest, rashad, etc.
8/23/10 11:37 PM
BruceLeeMMAfighting
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ben Saunders - Hey guys I'm kinda torn right now on what decisions to make regarding my next fight as most might tie me into a contract losing out on other opportunities... but I figure at the end of the day you the fans play your role in this also...

So I figure why not ask your opinions on who you would like to see me fight for and/or against next...

I wanna thank you all for your recent support... It has really made something very negative into a real positive situation... I know I have the talent to make it and will continue to improve and showcase just that... I look forward to entertaining you all soon enough. =)

-BS

It seems if you want to get back in the UFC all that matters are wins/or a win streak. The level of show or opponent doesn't seem to really matter.

If you want to make more money short term and get better as a fighter then tougher opponents/wrestlers and probably orgs like Strikeforce/DREAM/Bellator/Sengoku/MFC/KSW but there's also more of a probability of losing.
It's basically like you almost have to choose your path. The UFC track or the Nick the Goat Thompson, KJ Noons track.

With your JKD background you might want to work on your wrestling with Eric Paulson and his CSW. That way you have connections to Japan through Paulson and Josh Barnett if you decide to go in that direction.

8/23/10 11:38 PM
BruceLeeMMAfighting

Lesnar's also CSW/Eric Paulson by the way. So there's the UFC connection right there.
8/23/10 11:40 PM
SpennyBenny
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Japan bro. Dream would be an amazing fit for KILLA B. you'll love the way the fans treat their fighters.

Posted from my mma underground iPhone app
Bolo Da Great
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have bills to pay. Dont worry about being banned from UFC because you fight for Strikeforce. Take care of family first. That should factor the most in your decision.
Bad Monkey
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go to Japan and crush some samuari wannabes and get back to the Octagon ASAP!!!

What are you waiting for?  I said NOW!!!!
8/23/10 11:42 PM
mtone88

I think Strikeforce is a great organization but too many fighters have been put on the shelf for too long and fight twice a year at most. As i said a few times, a contract with Dream or Sengoku is the best option since i believe those contracts are only exclusive in Asia. So you would also be able to take fights in other places in between those if thats what you wanted.
8/23/10 11:44 PM
mtone88

the Dream circuit for Killa B would be amazing to watch, you can fight Sakurai, Zaromskis, even Nick Diaz
8/23/10 11:45 PM
BruceLeeMMAfighting

mtone88 - I think Strikeforce is a great organization but too many fighters have been put on the shelf for too long and fight twice a year at most. As i said a few times, a contract with Dream or Sengoku is the best option since i believe those contracts are only exclusive in Asia. So you would also be able to take fights in other places in between those if thats what you wanted.

That really doesn't make any sense since the UFC also seems to shelve fighters for too long.

Also, Strikeforce contracts are non exclusive so you would be able to fight in Strikeforce and Japan.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.