UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Getting Accounting Certificate instead of Bachelor

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/29/10 11:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
El Maquina
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I already have several accounting classes under my belt from my previous degree. Is it true that you can get an accounting certificate instead of a bachelors and go on to the CPA exam?
8/30/10 3:00 PM
El Maquina

helps?
9/4/10 10:39 PM
kidDaVille

Licensing and certification requirements are imposed separately by each state's laws. TYPICALLY you need a BS/BA with so many hours in general business courses and then so many accounting courses.
3/12/11 11:05 PM
Willie Dicker

El Maquina - I already have several accounting classes under my belt from my previous degree. Is it true that you can get an accounting certificate instead of a bachelors and go on to the CPA exam?

im doing the accounting cert. route since I already have a business degree. you still need 30 accounting credits to get the 150 credit requirement.
3/13/11 3:38 PM
El Maquina

Wow old thread. Good luck Willie. I'm thinking about giving it a go come August. Sounds like I may as well just get another bachelors in accounting.
3/31/11 11:46 AM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most states require you have 150 credit hours in accounting to be eligible to become a CPA. Most schools that are AASCB and offer a Master in Accountancy are offering cerficate in accounting programs in order to help students meet the eligibility requirements.

I have a bachelors in marketing and finance but I am going the accounting route and have to retake some accounting courses to be eligible for a Master of Accountancy program.
4/11/11 12:34 AM
El Maquina

cyber,

I have 3 accounting courses under my belt, but I'll have to take them over because it's been so long since I've had them.

Good luck.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.