UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> James Toney vs Average Everyday Purple Belt

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/31/10 10:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shlever
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/31/10 10:43 AM

I think James Toney would loose at around 7 out of 10 fairly seasoned locally trained BJJ purple belts who are within 20 pounds of his weight, in there 20's or 30's and in good shape.

If the fight is in the gym I might give it a higher percentage but it could be slightly skewed from dudes who simply completely wig t-f out under the lights and crowd.

That would be Toney's only real advantage but he would loose most of the time.
8/31/10 10:48 AM
JOB
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

White belt with 4 weeks training.
8/31/10 10:50 AM
KKM
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys would shit yourselves if a guy who even just looked like Toney gave you the mean mug.
8/31/10 10:51 AM
shlever
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is also boat loads of talented 165 pound teenage animals fumbling around NAGA who would destroy him too. This is NOT an exaggeration.
8/31/10 10:57 AM
LucrativeMath
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KKM - You guys would shit yourselves if a guy who even just looked like Toney gave you the mean mug.

8/31/10 11:00 AM
Mit
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/31/10 11:00 AM
KKM - You guys would shit yourselves if a guy who even just looked like Toney gave you the mean mug.

You're a fucking idiot.
8/31/10 11:00 AM
CR1chard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shlever - There is also boat loads of talented 165 pound teenage animals fumbling around NAGA who would destroy him too. This is NOT an exaggeration.

Honestly, a kid like Donald Christman could probably submit Toney
8/31/10 11:07 AM
tjmitch
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly think I would beat Toney in an MMA fight.
8/31/10 11:13 AM
jujubre
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tjmitch - I honestly think I would beat Toney in an MMA fight.

lolz...he would kill you bro
8/31/10 11:16 AM
Squared Circle
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Novelty boxer Butterbean tapped BJJ purple belt Zuluzinho, so I don't doubt Toney could do the same to a sub-brown belt "junior grappler."

8/31/10 11:18 AM
fabes
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tjmitch vs toney Joe Silva, make it happen! Phone Post
8/31/10 11:21 AM
GladiatorGannon
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are some blues and purples that could do it....but they wrestled for years beforehand. The average purple can't get a takedown on a world class athlete that just had a few months of intensive takedown defense with Mo Lawal and crew. This is actually more takedown defense training than your average purple has takedown offense training. Just because Randy makes the takedown look easy doesn't mean it's easy for guys with .01% of his wrestling skills.

There are some seriously delusional people on this thread.
8/31/10 11:23 AM
Kai Tremeche

Edited: 08/31/10 11:23 AM
A 152lb regional champ in wrestling at 15 years old could do it, I assure you.

But Gannon is right, the weakest part of BJJ is the takedowns.
8/31/10 11:25 AM
Kai Tremeche

GladiatorGannon - There are some blues and purples that could do it....but they wrestled for years beforehand. The average purple can't get a takedown on a world class athlete that just had a few months of intensive takedown defense with Mo Lawal and crew. This is actually more takedown defense training than your average purple has takedown offense training. Just because Randy makes the takedown look easy doesn't mean it's easy for guys with .01% of his wrestling skills.

There are some seriously delusional people on this thread.

Now, how would you feel about this:

Your average purple-belt who just spent just as many months drilling takedowns with great wrestlers and judokas as Toney has trained TDD?
8/31/10 11:26 AM
tjmitch
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you see how bad Toneys balanced looked?
8/31/10 11:39 AM
shlever

That was a high school level takedown (I think Randy was just making a point with it)
8/31/10 11:40 AM
shlever

I stand by the original post - 7 out of 10 semi accomplished local purple belts would tool this fool.
8/31/10 11:43 AM
Kai Tremeche

RyannVonDoom -  Subbed faster than Randy did. 

Randy would have had him out faster if Randy didn't have shoulder fat rolls protecting his next and if Randy didn't want to pound him first.
8/31/10 11:45 AM
shlever

He mounted him in 10 seconds, gassed him out and subbed him in 3 minutes. That isnt a "long time"....
8/31/10 12:23 PM
GladiatorGannon
381 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shlever - He mounted him in 10 seconds, gassed him out and subbed him in 3 minutes. That isnt a "long time"....

It's about twice as long as it would take Randy to bang out the "average purple belt", so I guess that's a fairly long time.
8/31/10 12:25 PM
Crazy Zimmerman
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aren't you the guy that got raped by an old man with a hernia.
8/31/10 12:28 PM
TeamRenzo

shlever - There is also boat loads of talented 165 pound teenage animals fumbling around NAGA who would destroy him too. This is NOT an exaggeration.

No there isn't. Half of those guys have never been punched in the head and would cry if Toney touched them. Most would piss themsleves walking up to the cage.
8/31/10 12:38 PM
tjmitch

CRE - 

LOL sure buddy! I honestly doubt you could even hurt me in a fight, you would look like Forrest Griffin vs. Anderson Silva.

"Get up white bitch" - CRE to TJMitch

"I felt embarassed trying to strike him back" - TJMitch to thegarv.com

Let me knoiw next time you will be on the east coast, I will be glad to prove you wrong. Then I will buy you a nice ice cream to help soothe your hurt feelings.
8/31/10 12:39 PM
shlever

Edited: 08/31/10 12:43 PM
ttt
8/31/10 12:44 PM
shlever

TeamRenzo - 

No there isn't. Half of those guys have never been punched in the head and would cry if Toney touched them. Most would piss themsleves walking up to the cage.

"No there isn't. Half of those guys have never been punched in the head and would cry if Toney touched them. Most would piss themsleves walking up to the cage."

and Toney never punched anyone in an MMA fight so that is a mute point. Those kids are out there. Not average by any stretch, but they are out there and there is more than one.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.