UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> Fisherman thread

2/17/11 2:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jkkazmier
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jigging or traps?
2/17/11 4:21 PM
BigEyedFish
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had two holes going. I was jigging single tail white and chartreuse jigs and catching the herring on those. The other line was just wrapped around a tip up and had a minnow on a hook - thats how all the perch came about (and pickerel in a better scenario). I caught a gorgeous huge pike on a tip up last year. That was a hoot.
3/2/11 11:12 PM
Cire
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I mostly fish salt water. My family has a house on Galveston Island. We fish for redfish, flounder, & trout, but too often catch a hardhead catfish.

I sailed the Florida keys one time. Trolling, I caught something on my 14" mirror lure that slowed the sailboat to a crawl. It spun my reel almost dry, but when I had to tighten the drag, it popped the lure out. It left teeth holes down the side of the lure. I think it was a large shark, but it got away, so who knows.

My biggest catch is a 5'6" barracuda out of X'cacel beach - Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Mexico. We were fishing for sailfish or Marlins, but hooked that damn barracuda. It gave me a good 45 minute fight, but ate a bullet when it was near the boat.

X'cacel is private beach dedicated to providing government protection for endangered sea turtles. It is near the Tulum ruins. At night, federalizes would stay on the beach watching for poachers. We rescued turtles, pulled up eggs as they dropped and tagged and released baby turtles when they were ready. When we were not working with the turtles, we could scuba, surf, fish, etc.

There was an Indian tracker down there that took a few of us out one night. After waiting silently for a while on the road, we got to see a jaguar cross the road. It was chilling seeing that large cat so close. It was a great trip working with the biologist and tracker. Back then it was dangerous driving the 70km from Cancun. We were told not to go out to the highway at night. But, even with all the federalizes surrounding the beach, I would never go back. Too dangerous.

These are some pictures that are not from me, but is of X'cacel.

5/14/11 8:52 PM
Pito Chueco
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fack.

Went out yesterday at 5AM 70 miles offshore for grouper and wahoo. Good day until one motor went out right when we were leaving. Had to run all 70 miles back at 8 knts. Got back to the dock at 5AM today, so a full 24hrs on the water. Rough seas coming in as well.

5/14/11 9:16 PM
BigEyedFish
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ holy shit that blows.
5/15/11 9:29 PM
Pito Chueco
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just made some grouper tacos and made the whole thing worth while.

Good times.
5/16/11 3:05 AM
gatorgar
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

biggest was a 22# blue catfish on a 4# ultralight rod. Took forever to get it in. I made about 5 laps around the pond following it, trying to make sure it didn't spool me or break the line. Only reason I had the ultralight rod was I was fishing for bluegill at the time.
5/28/11 11:14 PM
Pito Chueco

Went wade fishing today. 1 redfish 21" and a flounder to show for it.

Go wet a line.
5/29/11 9:43 PM
Pito Chueco

ttt
5/30/11 6:20 PM
jittaz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

went fishing on the south shore of long island today,
caught a skate (stingray)
7 keeper fluke and about 15 bluefish from casting into crowds of diving seaguls??

and about 20 sea robbins..

im burnt like a fuggin lobstah
5/31/11 3:51 AM
Byrd

got a inshore tournament this sunday and the above in june. cant wait.
5/31/11 9:01 AM
tjmitch
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Went bass fishing on Sunday. My thumbs are all chewed up from lipping fish all day.
5/31/11 1:08 PM
Pito Chueco

Going offshore tomorrow. Opening day of red snapper season. Pretty rough seas, so hope to make the most of the situation and manage a few.
6/1/11 12:56 AM
Mullet @ Heart
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going to my favorite trout spot in Colorado next week.
7/21/11 8:59 PM
gage949
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man a lot has changed since I first made this thread.
I've been catching 100+ lb batrays, 4 ft smooth hound sharks and been getting a ton of calico bass on the boats when I go. I'll try to post some pics later
7/21/11 9:00 PM
gage949
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man a lot has changed since I first made this thread.
I've been catching 100+ lb batrays, 4 ft smooth hound sharks and been getting a ton of calico bass on the boats when I go. I'll try to post some pics later
7/21/11 10:40 PM
tjmitch
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for some pics.....
7/22/11 7:41 PM
Pito Chueco

Caught a sail last week on light tackle. Pretty rare to get a sail 30 miles or so offshore in Texas. 20lb test, Ambassaduer 7000 and the sail went about 85lbs. Released at the boat and he was good to fight another day.

Mauled the red snapper though and those went in the cooler.
7/23/11 10:08 AM
Byrd

fought a shark for 5 minutes or so, he was a easy 5-6feet. bit through the 45lb flouro leader.

we caught the following......

maybe 6 yellowfins, 6 or so rainbowrunners, a few triggerfish and the mahi was in the 30-40 numbers... with 2 wahoo hooked on the troll.

no billfish :(

14 hours on the water, im tired...
9/29/11 11:39 AM
alvo69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

45 lb Kingfish, 23 lb grass carp, 8.5 lb largemouth bass (BIG for northern Illinois), 4.5 foot Barracuda, 3.5 foot Hammerhead Shark,  37 inch Pike. Going to the Keys in January and hope to get back offshore this time, last time was a bust offshore as wind was stupid. One day soon I hope to fish for Goliath Grouper aka a tow truck with fins.    
10/5/11 9:33 PM
SCTom
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Manage a fishing lodge in the Chilcotin's in B.C..  Some of the best fishing I have ever experienced.  I don't get to go out as often as I like but have caught 46 in one day.  All on the fly rod also.  The average fish caught in June and July by anglers is anywhere between 20-50 fish per day.  All wild rainbow never stocked.  Unbelievable fishing up here.
10/6/11 11:20 AM
Mica Kizbig

I got the fever about a month ago and have been out on the vedder river for the past 4-5 saturdays in a row slaying salmon. I want a big fucking chinook this week, the coho are in there now too. So fucking fun except the crazy crowds in some spots.
10/16/11 11:58 AM
BigEyedFish

Something I love about targetting and pulling big Northern Pike.  Love em.  Got this girl a few weeks ago in Cochrane, ON on a fly in trip

10/16/11 8:54 PM
tjmitch

Nice, over 30 in?

p.s. are those jorts?
10/16/11 10:28 PM
BigEyedFish

lol you know what, I didnt measure it, but we pegged it at around there, maybe a bit more.  And those full jeans Im afraid.  Weather was a little volatile for jorts.  

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.