UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gabe Ruediger promised another UFC fight

9/2/10 9:34 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Gabe Ruediger, who failed to make weight and then flamed out of "The Ultimate Fighter 5" cast back in 2007, posted a six-fight win streak to earn his way back into the UFC.

But this past weekend as a replacement for injured Terry Etim, Ruediger suffered a one-sided beatdown and eventual submission loss to Joe Lauzon at UFC 118.

Although some fighters have been cut after one such lackluster performance, Ruediger apparently will be rewarded for taking the matchup on short notice. UFC matchmaker Joe Silva has promised him another fight on an upcoming card, though the lightweight fighter will have to heal from "four staples in my head and some bruising" that resulted from the UFC 118 fight.

"I spoke with Joe Silva from the UFC, and he told me I would have at least one more chance and next time I would have the proper time to prepare," he wrote. "For that I am happy, but I still cant believe how bad that fight was for me."

Read entire article...

9/2/10 9:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hong Kong Phooey
770 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Redemption song  TTT
9/2/10 9:42 AM
humphrey sphinctermuscle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is this different from the articles and quotes published monday?
9/2/10 9:44 AM
MotorBoatinCountrysTitties

4 staples?? Holy shit, those elbows are lethal!!
9/2/10 9:46 AM
Jeepster
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

after all that Gabe has gone through and what he has done to redeem himself, I am happy he will get another shot and hope he puts on a good performance.
9/2/10 9:57 AM
Biizz

Not a fan but I like the decision, I think everyone should get a second chance even if they do get slaughtered.
9/2/10 10:08 AM
Sagiv Lapkin
1906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Biizz - Not a fan but I like the decision, I think everyone should get a second chance even if they do get slaughtered.

This WAS his second chance to make it in the UFC.....It did not go well.
9/2/10 10:09 AM
crazydave
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/2/10 10:11 AM
Leigh
715 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought he was surviving ok-ish and waiting for lauzon's pace to slow, but it never did
9/2/10 11:10 AM
seg
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe against Toney?
9/2/10 1:52 PM
Hansumboy

A 6 fight win streak means nothing when its against a bunch of nobodies and it does not make a fighter "UFC level". Lauzon showed us this and I really dont see what the point is in keeping Gabe...
9/2/10 3:41 PM
Enemies

The way he was crushed I'm not sure I expect his second chance to go much better. Joe made him look like an amateur.
9/2/10 3:42 PM
MotorBoatinCountrysTitties

Enemies - The way he was crushed I'm not sure I expect his second chance to go much better. Joe made him look like an amateur.

That's what I am thinking.  Any of the LW's will be tossing Gabe around just like Joe did IMO.
9/2/10 3:44 PM
ShanTheMan
620 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I for one think there are lotsa dudes he can beat in the ufc
9/2/10 3:45 PM
Fake Rassler

Edited: 09/02/10 4:27 PM
Cake got beat hard by Lauzon. He cut open the packet n mixed up the inside then turned up the heat until it was DONE
9/2/10 3:53 PM
frontrowbrian

9/2/10 9:24 PM
supersonic
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont see the point. he got steam rolled and dont see much upside with the guy. Unless they want to keep him around to put over some new guy or someone needing an easy win
9/2/10 9:33 PM
mugatu
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad he's getting another shot because he stepped up on short notice.  Yeah, he didnt perform well, but Joe was in pitbull mode that night, i think he would have made alot of other guys look bad as well.
9/2/10 9:39 PM
brahmabull81
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont see why everybody wants him gone so bad. In such a dog eat dog world (the fight game) you should be happy a fighter gets opportunities instead of getting shafted.

He had two weeks prep, and it might not have mattered, but its only fair to give him a shot to prove it might have.

I mean people bitch about guys like Professor X getting cut after doing the UFC a favor when he got pretty much destroyed in the UFC as well.

It should always be a good thing when a fighter (who was on a 6 fight win streak before his loss) gets another chance.
9/2/10 9:43 PM
ajjr0ller
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MotorBoatinCountrysTitties - 4 staples?? Holy shit, those elbows are lethal!!

my first reaction
9/2/10 10:05 PM
Chaos in China
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good for him. hope he makes the most of it
9/2/10 10:09 PM
VeniceMMA
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes I want to see Gabe vs. Wiman Phone Post
9/2/10 10:21 PM
Jweinberg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:( Phone Post
9/2/10 10:36 PM
Naughty Gorilla

hey the UFC needs some cans to pad records
9/3/10 12:06 AM
yabadaba
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fapout - Handsome?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.