UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP was right about BJ

9/2/10 11:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
andaladamooment
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The more I think about Penn's last performance, the more I'm inclined to agree with GSP's assessment of him. During the whole "greasegate" thing, GSP prophetically said something to the effect of: "instead of listening to other people, and complaining about things he has no control over, BJ should focus on improving himself and take a long hard look in the mirror..."

The way I see it, BJ's problem is that he listened too much to his entourage and the nuthuggers, made excuses, and genuinely began to believe that he was robbed in the first fight. As a result, he felt no need to drastically alter his game-plan and his training. Add to this the fact that his corner didn't know what they were doing, and the fact that he has some mental blockage that he needs to work through (he seems to have a front-runner mentality and should probably see a sports psychologist), and you have a recipe for disaster.

Discuss.
9/2/10 11:48 AM
Jsteven
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are the first person to come to this conclusion.
9/2/10 11:49 AM
Maximus77x
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I completely agree. VTFU
9/2/10 11:50 AM
EveryDayNormalGuy
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SOmeone else suggested it on another thread... Move to Cesar Gracie's camp and FUCK SHIT UP!
9/2/10 11:51 AM
goku

i am a big bj penn fan, but i was definitely shocked that he seemed to make almost no modifications to his game plan or strategy from the first fight...
9/2/10 11:52 AM
FSMA

EveryDayNormalGuy - SOmeone else suggested it on another thread... Move to Cesar Gracie's camp and FUCK SHIT UP!

lol @ this. It wouldn't make any difference.
9/2/10 11:53 AM
FSMA

The whole "camp" thing is just one more excuse, imo.
9/2/10 11:54 AM
andaladamooment
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maximus77x - I completely agree. VTFU

Sweet, I think that's one of the first VTFUs that I've gotten on here.

I'm sure it's nothing that hasn't been suggested before, but it's a fascinating look into the "mental" aspect of the game. And even though I was never a fan of BJ, I would like to see how far he can evolve his game because of his undeniable talent alone.
9/2/10 11:57 AM
mestregruber
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FSMA - The whole "camp" thing is just one more excuse, imo.

I don't see how it can possibly be construed as an excuse. Lots of people, both fans and non-fans of BJ, are saying that is what he needs to do to improve himself.

Not an excuse.
9/2/10 12:01 PM
FSMA

mestregruber - 

I don't see how it can possibly be construed as an excuse. Lots of people, both fans and non-fans of BJ, are saying that is what he needs to do to improve himself.

Not an excuse.

Every time BJ loses there HAS to be a reason other than: The other guy was better. Every. Single. Time.

It'll happen the next time too. Instead of the camp excuse it will be something else.
9/2/10 12:07 PM
cycklops
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The second fight was COMPLETELY different from the first fight. BJ through 1 or 2 kicks iin the second fight. He also took Frankie down once or twice. COMPLETELY different. ha
9/2/10 12:14 PM
JCT
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FSMA - 
mestregruber - 

Not an excuse.

Every time BJ loses there HAS to be a reason other than: The other guy was better. Every. Single. Time.

It'll happen the next time too. Instead of the camp excuse it will be something else.

Saying that he needs to do things to improve himself is making an excuse and not saying that the other guy was better?
9/2/10 12:18 PM
whoabro

FSMA - Every time BJ loses there HAS to be a reason other than: The other guy was better. Every. Single. Time.

THIS
9/2/10 12:22 PM
EveryDayNormalGuy
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he trained with Cesar Gracie's camp, you don't think he'd get pushed harder everyday? It's rhetorical
9/2/10 12:32 PM
EveryDayNormalGuy

^True I know Him and Nate are cool though, Don't fuck up my imaginary dream team asshole
9/2/10 12:34 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought BJ edged the first fight, but the second, well it wasn't even close, not a lot of damage, but Frankie clearly won...
9/2/10 12:35 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Monkey Island MMA - 
EveryDayNormalGuy - If he trained with Cesar Gracie's camp, you don't think he'd get pushed harder everyday? It's rhetorical

Wrong.  Fighting with Cesar is never going to happen even if BJ wanted it to.  He's a "traitor motherfucker"  and Nick himself called their camp "the West Coast side of Renzo's".

you do know that BJ has brought the Diaz Bros in for camps in the past, right?
9/2/10 12:36 PM
joshjitsu

^^^^^ are you retarded?? Nick and Nate both trained with BJ Penn at the RVCA training center. I think BJ would be a great fit at Ceaser's and he already has a relationship with all those guys. Phone Post
9/2/10 12:39 PM
Cyril Jeff

9/2/10 12:45 PM
MMAtador

the sad part was his corner men were not telling him anything useful. does BJ want people in his corner that are gonna kiss his ass or slap him in the face and tell him hes losing and to wake up and lay it all on the line this round. the fact of the matter is BJ was not the same person who entered the ring vs diego sanchez. he looked wierd almost drugged up for that fight his eyes were wide open and he looked like he just raped and murdered someone.
9/2/10 12:50 PM
Radford¼

Yes, he's definitely better than that last performance. Dont want to take it away from Frankie E though because he was in fantastic shape.

Would of loved to see that whole training session with those guys.^^
9/2/10 12:57 PM
Mit
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he gets a few good guys to train with for his camps but he really has to set himself up in a situation like what GSP has for his camps....being a killer in a room full of killers. I think for the most part BJ is always the toughest guy in his camps and there is not enough guys to push him.
9/2/10 1:18 PM
bhamill
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FSMA - 
mestregruber - 

Not an excuse.

Ummmmm. That makes no sense. The other guy WAS better... Penn needs to get with a better camp to make HIMSELF better so maybe NEXT TIME, the other guy will NOT be better... Saying BJ needs to improve himself to win is EXACTLY saying the other guy was better and is the exact opposite of an excuse.

Now there's no guarantee that a better camp will improve Penn enough to beat Frankie, but it certainly can't hurt...
9/2/10 1:30 PM
goku

KneeUppercut - ^I don't think you got his sarcasim. BJ ALWAYS has an excuse for why he lost and it's ALWAYS different from "The other guy was better".

or perhaps the haters simply read an excuse into everything involving bj..even though bj himself said nothing about his camp
9/2/10 1:41 PM
mmanthebay
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frankie actually trained with Cesars crew a bit for this fight. Penn wouldn't have any trouble joining GracieFighter if he really wanted. GracieFighter(Cesar Gracie), or The Body Shop have a ton of dudes that would try to put it on BJ every training, and a few that would. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.