UnderGround Forums

New Hampshire Underground >> NH-A good place to raise a family? cost of living?

9/2/10 2:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vegasdolphin
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Being this is the New hampshire forum , I guess you guys live there ? We are considering a move there. Need some info on schools for the kids, crime and more. Tell me about Concord NH? And Conway NH?

Whats the cost of living like? What areas should we avoid? What areas are the crime areas?

Thanks
10/28/10 1:12 AM
ksg123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crime is non existent in both areas, Concord being the Capital its a nice quaint city. I live in Bow about 15minutes outside of concord and its great. New Hampshire cost of living is great, it has great schools plenty of stuff to do if you enjoy the mountains. One of the most beautiful places for foliage in the world. Lots of lakes and trees, just generally a great state to live in. Conway is a lot more mountainous and northern part of New Hampshire, less population more out in the boonies. Still a great place to live. New Hampshire is one of the cleanest, least crime rate states in the US period. Manchester is more city, same with Nashua. Prepare for ALL Seasons especially Winter. 4wheel drive is a must and will save you a huge headache in the winter where snowbanks can reach 10-15feet high. Overall New Hampshire is one of the best places to live in the US. Ive lived in NJ and PA and been to pretty much every state in the New England and New Hampshire tops the list.
10/28/10 1:49 AM
vegasdolphin
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the info. I messaged you. I spoke to a few realtors. All said Bow has super high property taxes. Do you agree? How high? 2 realtors said to consider ' Barrington. Whats your opinion on that town?

Thanks

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.