UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roger Gracie responds to Robert Drysdale

9/3/10 3:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
whoatv
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After being called out on Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour by Robert Drysdale Roger Gracie responds via WHOA! TV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW1YAkPewjA
9/3/10 3:05 AM
Mr Pulla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What did he say? I'm on my iPhone.
9/3/10 3:09 AM
Audiophile26
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

posting blind
9/3/10 3:13 AM
piratepirate
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His accent is so crazy.

I think he would tool Drysdale in an MMA match....

9/3/10 3:18 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

piratepirate - I think he would tool Drysdale in an MMA match....

Tool him with what? Both are still very green in MMA. Roger might have an advantage on the ground, but he ain't "tooling" Drysdale in any part of MMA.
9/3/10 3:23 AM
asscobra
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/03/10 3:24 AM
 Drysdale already cursed Forrest, Miguel and Joe Stevenson now himself.

Rogers too classy to talk shit
9/3/10 3:25 AM
piratepirate
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - 

Tool him with what? Both are still very green in MMA. Roger might have an advantage on the ground, but he ain't "tooling" Drysdale in any part of MMA.

I would say with his 3 fights (even though 3 isn't a huge number) Roger has an arm and leg up on Robert.
He did just beat Randleman and all, Robert has 1 fight against who?

Roger trains with = Renzo, GSP, etc... and has an entire world of Gracie Barra guys to work with.
Robert = Frank Mir? Forrest Griffin? O_o

He also holds 3 wins over Drysdale in BJJ

9/3/10 3:32 AM
MMAsurvival

Roger takes this right now, but why has Roger only fought 3 times. After his win over Randleman I thought Strikeforce would push him as the future of their franchise, but we literally haven't heard one thing about him.
9/3/10 3:39 AM
Dawkins

Roger's stand up is crappy, but I hope it improves cuz I'm a big fan of his. He seems more interested in his Sport BJJ career though.
9/3/10 3:39 AM
piratepirate

MMAsurvival - Roger takes this right now, but why has Roger only fought 3 times. After his win over Randleman I thought Strikeforce would push him as the future of their franchise, but we literally haven't heard one thing about him.

yeah, SF doesn't seem to be doing so well with that whole PLANNING / MARKETING thing
9/3/10 3:43 AM
MMAsurvival

piratepirate - 
MMAsurvival - Roger takes this right now, but why has Roger only fought 3 times. After his win over Randleman I thought Strikeforce would push him as the future of their franchise, but we literally haven't heard one thing about him.

yeah, SF doesn't seem to be doing so well with that whole PLANNING / MARKETING thing

Sometimes I wish Strikeforce would just cut ties with all the drama surrounding Fedor/M-1 and Overeem. Strikeforce changed their entire organization for Fedor's arrival. Yeah, they made it on CBS, but now it seems like they are spread too thin and just need to go back to what they used to do best, which was put on a great regional show in San Jose.
9/3/10 3:44 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

piratepirate - 
He did just beat Randleman

Who is on 0-3 in last three. Randleman is a legend, but he's not a very impressive win anymore.
piratepirate - 
Roger trains with = Renzo, GSP, etc... and has an entire world of Gracie Barra guys to work with.

Roger lives and trains in mainly in the UK where the level of MMA especially in LHW and HW is way below Las Vegas, the Mecca of MMA.
Frank Mir & Forrest Griffin are high quality 240+ pound fighters and better training partners for a big guy than any 180 pounder in the world.

I agree that Roger would be the favorite going into this fight, but like I said both are still very green and no one knows how this fight would play out.
9/3/10 3:51 AM
piratepirate

NorthFromHere - 
piratepirate - 
He did just beat Randleman

Who is on 0-3 in last three. Randleman is a legend, but he's not a very impressive win anymore.
piratepirate - 

Roger lives and trains in mainly in the UK where the level of MMA especially in LHW and HW is way below Las Vegas, the Mecca of MMA.
Frank Mir & Forrest Griffin are high quality 240+ pound fighters and better training partners for a big guy than any 180 pounder in the world.

I agree that Roger would be the favorite going into this fight, but like I said both are still very green and no one knows how this fight would play out.

Right, but Randleman is a tougher fight than Drysdale has had, by far.
Roger might "Mainly" live in England, but he has access to a HUGE family of training partners.
Drysdale might live in Las Vegas, but other than Handy,  and his gym, and Mir, who would he really work with? Griffin, Handy, and Mir.... 
Gracie Barra has ties with gym's like GSP's(tri star?), Greg Jackson's, Serra's, Kings MMA (Babalu, King Mo), etc... Not to mention http://www.graciebarra.com.br/blackbelts.htm.

Roger takes it... of course you can use the BS, "is mma, anything can happen",
but being logical and realistic, Drysdale has 1 fight, less training, and inferior BJJ to Roger.

9/3/10 5:40 AM
vegard
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roger said he plans to spend half the year in NYC training for his mma career with Renzo and his crew.
9/3/10 9:31 AM
whoatv
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe it's just me...but if a dude whupped me thrice already, I wouldn't be calling him out at every opportunity. Phone Post
9/3/10 9:33 AM
supersaiyan

NorthFromHere - 

robert has nothing for roger grappling or mma wise....period
9/3/10 9:54 AM
Tomato Can
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roger wins. When 2 guys who have the same specialty fight, generally the guy who's better in that specialty wins. In this case, that's Roger.

I mean, does Drysdale have such superior standup that he can win via sprawl 'n' brawl? I kinda doubt it.
9/3/10 10:10 AM
supersaiyan

TampabayMMA - 
supersaiyan - 
NorthFromHere - 

robert has nothing for roger grappling or mma wise....period

Its well known that Drysdale has a chip on his shoulder because of Roger's bjj dominance over him. His hopes for beating Roger are in mma now, cant really blame him.

i got u man... i am not taking ANYthing from Robert Drysdale cuz i know for a fACT he would BUST MY ASS in a BJJ match lol... just dont see how adding strikes to a superior opponent on top of a badass grappling game is gonna help drysdale here. imagine Roger having u in a sub and just blasting u along with it lol!!!
9/3/10 10:15 AM
supersaiyan

Tomato Can - Roger wins. When 2 guys who have the same specialty fight, generally the guy who's better in that specialty wins. In this case, that's Roger.

I mean, does Drysdale have such superior standup that he can win via sprawl 'n' brawl? I kinda doubt it.

yeah ..almost scary a bit :)
9/3/10 10:16 AM
supersaiyan

Tomato Can - Roger wins. When 2 guys who have the same specialty fight, generally the guy who's better in that specialty wins. In this case, that's Roger.

yeah ..almost scary a bit :)
9/3/10 10:32 AM
supersaiyan

yeah.... heck we may be in for a SHOCKING suprise so who knows how this will happen :)
9/3/10 10:36 AM
supersaiyan

i watched the video and his sexy accented voice turned me on :)
9/3/10 11:12 AM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

fiercedragon - lol @ the "pressure of the gracie name"...does anyone hold any gracie in high regard anymore..?

Yea, still in bjj its huge. It will always be huge in grappling, and that's where hes from.
9/3/10 11:34 AM
supersaiyan

fiercedragon - lol @ the "pressure of the gracie name"...does anyone hold any gracie in high regard anymore..?

"gracie" = pressure anyway u put it bro:)
9/3/10 11:54 AM
verindersandhu

MMARanked.com
Wasnt Drysdale talking a lot of trash to Anderson Silva before his fight with Forrest?

Drysdale and Gracie are really grapplers more than they are fighters, and Gracie is heads and shoulders above Drysdale in that discipline.

I guess we dont know who would win a fight unless they fight, but you gotta give Gracie the edge at this point.

Gracie came in at number 5 in our Top 50 Prospects list and will lose his prospect status pretty soon given his age.

Here's our analysis on Gracie:

Roger Gracie: Info and Analysis

At the bottom of the page there are a few videos of Gracie competing, including his two grappling matches with Drysdale for anyone interested.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.