UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Anyone own a Cane Corso

9/3/10 9:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Firecrap
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just wondering if anyone has one.  Been looking at getting a dog and think this is the one I would like.  Let me know what your experience has been like with one.
9/3/10 3:13 PM
Eric Collins
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any mastiff takes a very dedicated owner and experience with training, or a puppy with a big obedience budget, be careful, if you have never worked with a giant molloser, it really is a huge investment of time money and hard work! BigEyeFish has a fantastic looking female cane corso, and i'm sure he'll chime in eventually.
11/13/10 10:23 PM
BigEyedFish
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just saw this thread now. FC are you still considering this breed?
3/25/11 2:47 PM
BigEyedFish
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RD who is the breeder?
4/6/11 2:46 PM
BigEyedFish

Wow cool. Ive never heard of them and that spooked me. But then I went to their website and saw that they imported the male stud from Rothorm in Spain. Montse (Rothorm) breeds some of the finest Corsi in the world. IMHO that is maybe the nest kennel in the world that turns out Corsi. Im sure there are others of similar quality but there is a huge consensus that Rothorm is top notch.

Good for you. Post pics and let me know if you have any questions. Congrats! Got a name picked out yet?
4/6/11 3:10 PM
BigEyedFish

Was his father Leonides at Westminster?
4/6/11 3:22 PM
BigEyedFish

Do you mean FirehoRse Franklin ? If so itll be cool to see the pups because he is a formentino. Real funky color for Corsi. The combined colors of the adults can produce some very interesting pups. I love the formentinos. I love them all actually - they all have great unique looks
4/6/11 3:52 PM
BigEyedFish

Yeah I hear you for sure. I really wanted a blue (we had blue and formentino in our litter) but it was really up to the temperament details and really the breeder was going to give me two or three options he felt were good matches for my existing household and I was to pick one. Fortunately, one of those options was the one we really wanted.
4/7/11 12:57 PM
BigEyedFish

lol I know exactly how you feel. I bet you sit there clicking the refresh button on their website looking for a pup pic update...
4/13/11 10:19 AM
BigEyedFish

omg thats terrible. Sorry to hear. Im pretty sure my breeder sold his last pup from the last litter but you might want to get in touch with him and see if he has any other pups available...PM me if youre interested and Ill get you his contact info.
4/13/11 10:48 AM
BigEyedFish

actually Ill be talking to him soon so just let me know here and I will ask him for you
4/13/11 2:43 PM
BigEyedFish

Doh! Good luck
5/3/11 5:15 PM
BigEyedFish

Never heard of the breeder but thats not to say they arent reputable. And I dont see Capone on the website. For some of the dogs, I see show titles and stuff but no published health testing (hip, elbow scores..etc). IMHO you need to see those certificates. canecorso.com has a good forum that is a good resource for you. You may want to check it out.
5/4/11 2:58 PM
BigEyedFish

Yeah but I would still want to see the certificates.

And please be informed, that placing and competing in shows means absolutely nothing. The title 'champion' means absolutely nothing. I have another dog here from champions that has epilepsy and a luxated patella (not my corso).

Your last comment about going cross country for a sire is accurate, and most likely everything is fine, but Ive seen a lot of people have a lot of problems with this breed - even when the parents are stellar so you have to be super careful and cover all of your bases.
5/11/11 12:28 PM
BigEyedFish

Not that I know of RD. They should be more than willing to disclose that.
7/28/11 3:27 PM
BigEyedFish

cool. Keep the updates coming!
7/28/11 8:42 PM
cycklops
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's see some pics guys
7/28/11 9:55 PM
BigEyedFish

cycklops, there are a ton of pics of my pooch on this thread, check it out

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&thread=1711676
7/28/11 10:40 PM
cycklops
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That pic of him off in the distance...he's a striking looking dog.
7/28/11 11:35 PM
BigEyedFish

Thanks! (she)
10/27/11 10:39 AM
BigEyedFish

RD, there is alitter right now with 2 females left.  Cane Corso of Troy is the breeder.  Both parents are from Rothorm in Spain - one of the best kennels for Corsi in the world.  I would take a serious look at them.  If you want to be put in touch with Lucas over there, PM me and I will let him know before you reach out to him.  This is an amazing litter.  I would take a serious look at it.  Let us know how things work out with your search!
10/28/11 9:51 AM
Firecrap
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.blackshadowcanecorso.com/index.html

Just found this.  They are in my home province.   Any of you guys know of the blood line?   When I am ready to become a owner it would be nice if I had a good breader this close to home.
10/28/11 10:41 AM
BigEyedFish

Ive never heard of them (not to say that is bad) but just be aware - getting a dog from a breeder who is closeby isnt really that important.  

That breeder has health test certified its dogs and thats a good sign.  There is no feedback on them from Canecorso.com forums (which you should check out BTW).  Maybe its a new breeding program. 
10/28/11 10:44 AM
BigEyedFish

I should add I dont recognize the kennel that is the bloodline.  But on the BBB page in the CC forum, they got great feedback from previous buyers

http://www.canecorso.com/forum/topics/cane-corso-de-italica-terrae

Just be careful because it looks like they are breeding their dogs with dogs from other kennels.  So make sure you know the parents.  

10/28/11 3:14 PM
Firecrap

Back when I first became interested they never came up on my search.   I have decided to wait until I sell my house and move to a larger property before I purchace a dog anyhow, so I have lots of time.    Good looking out fellas I will be sure to get at yas when I get serious about this.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.