UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Anyone own a Cane Corso

2/22/12 3:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigEyedFish
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was just showing your pics around last night at a dinner party.  My buddy bought a french bulldog that has the exact same markings as your dog.  The truth of the matter is that all corso colors are really unique and great to look at.  The blacks are mean looking, the blues majestic...but your guy looks like a gruff tough guy who has a crazy 5 oclock shadow!  Each has a ton of character.  I really love them all - even the black brown brindles, which I hated at first but now really love.  Check out Oscar the Frenchy: 

2/22/12 4:08 PM
BigEyedFish
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

actually even my girl who looks solid blue has a lot of copper tones going through her.  In the summer she is damned near golden in color.  Its pretty insane.  Its kinda tough to see in pics.  Here she is with a Formentino corso pup.  She was around 9 months here.  The other pup was just brought home recently (my friends)

you can see some of the brown here too.  She was 8 months here.  

2/22/12 4:08 PM
BigEyedFish

here too.  This was more recently.  Around 2 years

2/27/12 12:32 AM
BigEyedFish

Im pretty sure I saw a huge English Mastiff with those markings on my walk today.  It was at a distance but the dog was enormous. 
3/1/12 9:22 PM
BigEyedFish

lol like a weed!  They grow so quickly its unbelievable.  
4/24/12 3:18 AM
Graphic3001
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man...a Cane Corso is on my wish list! Everything I hear about is great. All those pics looked awesome! I love the Blue female...she looked great.

Anyway....hopefully one day I'll have one :)

//Eddie
www.LIFEasEDDIE.com
4/24/12 8:20 AM
BigEyedFish

its insane isnt it?  We had a collar on our pup when she was Docs age.  Because we crated her at night, we would remove the collars (its a safety thing).  A couple of nights we didnt take the collar off.  She had grown so much in just those two nights that we had to literally cut the collar off of her neck because I couldnt get it to slide back over her face to take off lol
4/24/12 2:57 PM
BigEyedFish

She is 106 at pretty much full maturity
5/7/12 12:31 PM
rls99

Great looking dogs. Had considered a cane, but the wife said the dog can't drool. Another condition was minimal shedding, so we got our ridgeback - no regrets.
5/7/12 12:59 PM
BigEyedFish

dont ridgebacks shed? 
5/7/12 10:31 PM
rls99

BigEyedFish -  dont ridgebacks shed? 

Sure, but's it's pretty minimal. We actually use a tape-style lint brush and she loves it. In addition, ridgebacks do not have an undercoat - so no huge, blowout shedding in the spring. Their minimal shedding is year-round.
5/8/12 12:21 AM
BigEyedFish

I see ^  corsi are the same where shedding is concerned.  But you do get occasional drool.  My dog doesnt drool unless she is drinking water.  I got an Italian Mastiff beause they were neater than other mastiffs.  Less drool, less face folds to take care of...

I saw two amazing Neos the other day.  Never seen em in real life.  Unreal.  
5/8/12 12:33 AM
BigEyedFish

I know you dont like em, but these werent the overblown, wrinkled messes that you usually see.  They were lean and strong, with large heads.  They looked how real Neos should look.  Mind you, I was literally in a fishing boat on a river and the dogs belonged to people fishing from shore, so I didnt get a close up look but they were very majestic looking.  Very striking.  
5/8/12 9:06 AM
BigEyedFish

yeah I see it.  These dogs had that look.  The thicker/wrinklier version of a corso is a good way of putting it.  The heads are much much bigger tho.  Im telling you in person, these were amazing beasts.  They looked pretty healthy.  Fuck I want one lol
5/8/12 5:58 PM
BigEyedFish

!!

5/8/12 8:14 PM
rls99

Good to know on the drooling part. Maybe I can convince the wife after all.
5/28/12 11:34 PM
The Hyena
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/28/12 11:36 PM
The Hyena
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/29/12 12:31 AM
BigEyedFish

he is enormous.  how much does he weigh?? 
6/1/12 8:07 PM
The Hyena

He is 160lbs , best behaved dog Eva !! Phone Post
6/6/12 10:59 PM
BigEyedFish

Wow he is looking great. Love the mask Phone Post
6/7/12 10:06 AM
BigEyedFish

please do.  he is gonna change every week.  
7/20/12 10:54 PM
BlackShadowCaneCorso

Firecrap -  <a href="http://www.blackshadowcanecorso.com/index.html">http://www.blackshadowcanecorso.com/index.html</a>

Just found this.  They are in my home province.   Any of you guys know of the blood line?   When I am ready to become a owner it would be nice if I had a good breader this close to home.

Hi this is my first post here as I am not an avid MMA person but my friends are and he was surprise to see my kennel name pop up on the site. I am the owner of Black Shadow Cane Corso and my name is Mary. We have been in the breed for about 5 1/2 years with our oldest female. Our foundation stock comes from some well know lines in the US as well as Europe. We don't breed frequently as our dogs are our family so we only breed when we wish to add to our foundation. We show when we can and are looking at getting out in the obedience/Rally-O ring soon. If you are still interested meeting them give us a call we have no problem with people coming out to meet the crew and deciding if these dogs are the right ones for them before taking the steps to own one. Above all research, research, research when it comes to this breed as there are lots of people that are more concerned with money and aren't doing the breed any service.
8/14/12 7:43 AM
Firecrap
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hi Mary, How crazy is it that you found this thread. Thanks for taking the time to sign up and reply. I have put the brakes on my plans for now. Still very much in love with this breed but I have decided to wait until I sell and move. I hope to move to a larger property within the next few years. Too many of my neibours have unleashed dogs and I wouldn't want my dog running up and down the road.

When I build new I will be sure to have a large fenced in property. I would love to stop in some time though if I am in the area(I usually only make it down there once every couple years)
8/15/12 9:45 AM
BigEyedFish

Grow in like a weed! Pretty soon he will really fill out. How is everything going? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.