UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Anyone own a Cane Corso

8/20/12 8:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BlackShadowCaneCorso
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/20/12 8:52 PM
Yeah my friend was surprised so told me about it since they are in love with our dogs :) You are more than welcome to stop by when you are in the area to meet the dogs, just let us know when you are coming this way and we will make sure to be around. Our website isn't up to date with the prospects we kept back from our Danae X Oak litter but we have updated pictures on our facebook page if you want to look us up.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Shadow-Cane-Corso/165872953459126?ref=hl

I completely understand waiting until you have your own place so that you know your dog will be safe and secure. We don't breed often as we are trying to add quality dogs to our program but still keep it small enough that the dogs remain our pets and family members. We are also planning to get out to some shows in next year's show season so depending on where you are we might be able to meet up at a show.

Take care and for sure give us a call or send me an email if you are in the area or going to be and want to stop by.

Cheers,
Mary
8/21/12 10:43 AM
Firecrap
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mary, I own my current property but it is a half acre lot on the out skirts of the city. Hope to move to a larger property soon. Thanks for the link I liked your page so I hope to see lots of updates.
8/21/12 11:39 AM
BlackShadowCaneCorso

Edited: 08/21/12 11:42 AM
Hi guys,@ RsrvorDog - Yeah oak is a hell of a stud and an amazing dog if you are ever able to meet him in person he is worth making the trip to meet. We sent our female down to stay with his breeders (Jen and Ron from Firehorse) and they wanted to keep her :) Your puppy came from Kayley? She is a nice lady, we have talked before as she has some similar lines in her dogs as mine. Your puppy is from Conan? He is the grandfather to my female Hemi and great grandfather to my female Danae. Hemi is retired and is now just my bossy, making everyone toe the line girl.

@ Firecrap - no problem, we live on a couple of acres in town but we do have neighbours so I do understand where you are coming from. We have a lot that we will be building our dream home on in a few years that we will be surrounded by nothing but woods :) You will be seeing some updates soon :) as we are evaluating studs for our next litter with Danae and planning the health testing for the puppies from her Oak litter to be done this winter. Cross your fingers that all goes well. We are happy how our last puppies from Oak are maturing as the male we kept back looks just like his daddy and the female looks like an aunt I always wanted. We will hopefully be hitting the show ring with them this winter/spring. What city are you located by and I will see if there are shows in your area in the next bit or what they likely to be next year?
8/21/12 9:33 PM
BlackShadowCaneCorso

Edited: 08/22/12 10:05 PM
Okay, I am not familiar with Serafina CC but there are lots of breeders popping up all over the place it seems :) He is a cute guy and I know all about a lot of Conan in lines, Hemi is a line breeding on Conan so we have it running strong here as well.

Breedings not taking and false pregnancies suck for everyone but Kayley was great to send you to her friend to get you what you wanted so you didn't end up without a puppy again.

Here is a pic of the male from my Oak/Danae litter.

And here is the female :) We are pretty excited with how they are turning out so far.

Damn it won't let me post them :(
12/12/12 2:41 PM
Firecrap
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry, I haven't looked at this thread in a long time.  i live in Fredericton.   I Joined your FB Page awhile ago but haven't seen many uptades pop up in my feed.  Going to go check it out again.

12/22/12 9:35 AM
BlackShadowCaneCorso

No problem, we actually just finished evaluating males for our next pairing. When the breeding takes place and we have confirmed then we usually post updates then as we don't like to get everyone excited and then have the breeding not take. We have pictures of the puppies from the last litter there from I think September or October but nothing more recent than that.

You are always more than welcome to visit :)
12/30/12 11:55 PM
ShakeNBake
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great dogs!
3/8/13 9:53 AM
Mexirican
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any preferences or experiences you guys can share on males or females? I have a female Mini Schnauzer and have heard females tend to not get along but is that only with dogs of similar size? BEF, I think both your dogs are females, any isues? Thanks.
3/8/13 7:16 PM
BigEyedFish

both females. zero issues
3/11/13 9:56 PM
BlackShadowCaneCorso

We have females that get along and females that don't. It depends on your current female and what the temperament is like on the puppy you are considering. As a general rule opposite sexes tend to get along without issues better but you know your dogs and what you can deal with.
3/12/13 2:31 PM
Firecrap

^ I seen your puppy pics on FB.  They look great.  When are going to put some more up?

3/15/13 5:39 PM
BlackShadowCaneCorso

I am hoping to this weekend. The hubby has been away and I need help corralling them with that many to take pictures :) Their eyes are just starting to crack open the tiniest little bit too so some will probably be open by the end of the weekend.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.