UnderGround Forums

Georgia Underground >> Marietta MMA training/sparring

9/3/10 2:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ELCAPITAO1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I pro MMA fighter from florida and I will be in the Marietta GA area on reserve duty for a couple weeks. I need a solid place to train that is well rounded. I have two fights back to back in oct and Nov and need all the practice i can get. Any help would be great.

Dan Ruiz
9/3/10 3:29 PM
ebullock
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/03/10 3:30 PM
Do you know where you will be staying while you are here?
How far are you willing to drive?
There are a lot of places that are within 30 minutes of the Marietta area.

9/3/10 3:42 PM
ELCAPITAO1

I think Im staying on Dobbins AFB. Id be willing to drive 30 minutes or less, not to familiar with the area.
9/3/10 4:54 PM
ebullock
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/03/10 4:55 PM
 Here are some gyms in the area:

www.x3sports.com/ -- I have never been here, I don't know anything about it but is probably the closest to Dobbins.

fusionfitnessandmma.com/ -- I trained here for about a year and my son has for around 2 years. I liked it a lot. It is a small gym with a good mix of everything in the classes. I know of one local pro fighter that trains there and a couple of amateur fighters. It is pretty close to Dobbins.

www.knuckleupfitness.com/douglasville.asp -- I have never been here. They have a good BJJ instructor (Steve Headden). I don't really know a lot about it. They have several locations though.

www.unit2fitness.com/ -- I have never been here. Roberto Traven is the BJJ instructor (probably the best in the Atl area). There are several pro fighters that train here. It is fairly close to Dobbins.

www.ascensionmma.com/ -- I have been training here for the past month. I like it a lot. Junior Assuncao is the head instructor. It is a small gym and there are a few pro fighters that train there also. If you go for the no-gi class and stay for the conditioning class you will be dead at the end. It is probably about 20-25 minutes from Dobbins.

www.ironclutchfitness.com/index.php and www.hardknoxfitness.com/ -- I have been to both places, but never trained. They both have a lot of equipment. I don't know much about either of them. Iron Clutch has a couple of locations that are close to Dobbins, probably about 20-25 minutes. Hard Knox is very close to Dobbins.

Madhouse www.manuntoh.com/ is very close to Dobbins. Focus is on Muay Thai and conditioning, I have never been there but I know that pros train there also.

www.strikerfightmma.com/ -- This place is very new. I know nothing about it at all except that Urijah Faber is going to be there on October 16th doing a seminar. It looks to be fairly close to Dobbins also.

There is ATT in Atlanta www.attatl.com/ but it is on the opposite side of the city and would probably take around 30-45 minutes to get there, maybe more depending on the time of day. World class instructors also.

Also there is saraivamma.com/location.html (Diego Saraiva). It would probably be a 45 minute drive also.

I have to be leaving some out though...

9/3/10 9:44 PM
ELCAPITAO1

Wow thanks ebullock appreciate it bro gonna call and talk the gyms closest to Dobbins and see which one fits.
9/3/10 10:36 PM
ebullock

No problem at all.

9/6/10 9:49 PM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

X3 is closest.
9/8/10 10:34 AM
twilhoi4
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.hardknoxga.com

straight down the road. Two BJJ blackbelts and good MMA training
10/13/10 3:01 PM
ryno601

X3 is across the street from the base. Excellent facility and world class trainers and fighters. Go there ask for either Brandon or Andy..both are prior military.

I used to train there so I can vouche for the place.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.