UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> BJJ tantrum at judo

9/4/10 7:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vegard
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I started judo about six months ago after 11 years of bjj. I really love it and regret that I didn't start many years ago. My instructor likes to take a dig here and there about jiu jitsu when the opportunity presents itself. Well, he got a good one the other night.

Apparently a blue belt came in. They told me he had a gracie patch on his gi.

At some point during randori, he shot in for a double leg on one of the newest students. The new student is two weeks into training. He grabbed up a guillotine and choked the bjj guy until he tapped.

The bjj guy jumped up and yelled some curse words. My instructor told him there was no swearing in the dojo. He said "fuck this" and stormed out of the dojo. Haha.

All the judo boys thought it was hysterical.
9/5/10 11:32 AM
judoblackbelt
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprized the instuctor didn't tell him no more double leg (Morote gari) shots and stopped him right there. The goal is always to teach.
9/5/10 2:53 PM
vegard
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wasn't there, but I imagine the instructor might not have noticed until the guy jumped up cursing.
9/6/10 1:45 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who gives a crap. good riddens to bad rubbish.
9/6/10 1:54 AM
CyborgRoyce
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey vegard, how is your back doing? I've been considering your method
9/6/10 9:47 AM
vegard

back is pretty good these days. I stopped sleeping on the floor two weeks ago and am now sleeping on a japanese futon over tatami mats. It's still really solid but a little more comfortable than a hardwood floor.
9/7/10 1:55 AM
leothelion
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The BJJ dude who visited the club was a punk...who has no respect....appalling...

9/8/10 10:47 AM
Chocolate Shatner
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds similar to a BJJtard who visited our university club back in 2003 (I was a guest member at New Mexico State judo club then while I was active Army). Guy came in, asked to roll with us. Our instructor said sure, and during uchi komi's, paired him off with a high school kid we had, about the same size. Comes time for randori (they did it standing and ground same time, big room for only 10 or so players), the BJJ guy gets with the kid, butt flops, and arm bars the kid. Kid didn't know what the fuck was happening, luckily tapped out (he did know chokes, and how to submit at least). Definitely stretched the kids arm, he was holding it in pain and didn't randori the rest of the night.

BJJtard got up cocky as fuck. Asks our instructor if that was all there was, and if he could go with a black belt (I was a 1kyu at the time). Instructor instead asked me to randori with the guy.

We started, and the tard took a super high, but relaxed, collar grip. Now, those of you who have read my posts for a while know I LOVE big, high amplitude wrestling style throws. And that grip is just asking for ura nage. So I step in, launch the dude, and in the middle of the throw turn totally into it, so that now my arm is across his chest, and my shoulder is in his ribs, driving him into the mat.

We hit with a sound I have never heard before in judo, but sometimes dream about making again. Of course, as he lay there in pain for a few minutes, no words were exchanged. However, the club instructor was wearing a rather smug grin on his face for a while.

BTW, BJJtard never came back after that night.
9/8/10 4:07 PM
chris colquitt
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please consider that this guy was a douche, regardless of where he trained prior to your school.
9/9/10 10:19 AM
insultcomicdog

Thanks for sharing that story. It was good.. FOR ME TO POOP ON.
9/12/10 8:59 PM
leothelion

Chocolate Shatner - Sounds similar to a BJJtard who visited our university club back in 2003 (I was a guest member at New Mexico State judo club then while I was active Army). Guy came in, asked to roll with us. Our instructor said sure, and during uchi komi's, paired him off with a high school kid we had, about the same size. Comes time for randori (they did it standing and ground same time, big room for only 10 or so players), the BJJ guy gets with the kid, butt flops, and arm bars the kid. Kid didn't know what the fuck was happening, luckily tapped out (he did know chokes, and how to submit at least). Definitely stretched the kids arm, he was holding it in pain and didn't randori the rest of the night.

BJJtard got up cocky as fuck. Asks our instructor if that was all there was, and if he could go with a black belt (I was a 1kyu at the time). Instructor instead asked me to randori with the guy.

We started, and the tard took a super high, but relaxed, collar grip. Now, those of you who have read my posts for a while know I LOVE big, high amplitude wrestling style throws. And that grip is just asking for ura nage. So I step in, launch the dude, and in the middle of the throw turn totally into it, so that now my arm is across his chest, and my shoulder is in his ribs, driving him into the mat.

We hit with a sound I have never heard before in judo, but sometimes dream about making again. Of course, as he lay there in pain for a few minutes, no words were exchanged. However, the club instructor was wearing a rather smug grin on his face for a while.

BTW, BJJtard never came back after that night.
LOL...This story just confirms my mode of operation when visiting any club, either Judo or Jiu-jitsu.   That is enter with a whole ton of respect because every club has an enforcer or two....I tell you what, Payback is a bitch...:-D

As a Judoka who also practices BJJ I can tell you that most Jiu-jitsu players want no part of Judo tachiwaza...they generally pull guard or "butt scoot"....Judo throws really hurts when Tori wants it to...:-)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.